Refuse-derived Fuel Market, by fuel type (High Grade and Low Grade), by Application (Cement kilns, Coal Power Plants, Combined Heat and Power Plant Others), and By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2019 - 2027
Refuse-derived fuel (RDF) is extracted from municipal solid wastes, and commercial wastes or industrial wastes. The production of RDF can minimize the potential of methane emissions in atmosphere and to minimize the pressure on landfills.
The global municipal governments are facing challenges regarding the management of unending waste loads generated by business sites and domestic combustible wastes. The governments are using RDF to manage wastes and turn wastes into energy, to overcome the mentioned issues. Non-combustible materials such as glass and metals are removed from the waste and the residuals are then shredded. RDF is extracted from combustible materials using mechanical and biological treatments. Refuse-derived fuel can be used in many ways. It is used in coal power plants to produce electricity. Refuse-derived fuel is also used in cement industry as an alternative fuel.
Governments across the globe are adopting refuse-derived fuel as an alternative fuel in many industries, especially in cement industry. The governments are developing their waste-to-energy plants, worldwide. Some of the key takeaways for the RDF market include:
· Cement industries are focusing on developing refuse-derived fuel plants from municipal solid wastes to minimize the pressure on landfills. The energy intensive nature of cement kilns production has prompted search for decent substitute of conventional fossil fuel, such as refuse-derived fuel.
In Europe, The secondary fuels processed from industrial and business wastes are co-incinerated for cement kiln.
· Mechanical biological treatment (MBT) is used to produce refuse-derived fuel from municipal solid wastes. Mechanical biological treatment (MBT) is less expensive and highly in demand in waste management programs. For instance, the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), U.K, uses MBT process to produce refuse-derived fuel from municipal solid wastes.
· Key players are focusing on developing new products to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in April 2017, Metso, a manufacturer of RDF, launched Fine-Shredders, M&J FineShred 1550, which requires less heat and power, and it is secured and easy to access and maintain during the production. Such technological advancements by manufacturers are expected to increase their market share and drive growth of the global market during forecast period.
· Asia Pacific is expected to gain a significant market share during the forecast period owing to the government regulations that support the production of RDF. For instance, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of South Australia has developed a standard on the basis of information requirement and processes that are allowed for the production and combustion of refuse-derived fuel (RDF).
Major players operating in the refuse-derived fuels market include Tana Oy, I.T.R., ANDRITZ MeWa - ANDRITZ Group, Istac Inc., Ecocycle (Group) Ltd., Aguas de Portugal, Camec, Organic Resource Agency Ltd., and R.C.P SA.
On the basis of fuel type, the global refuse-derived fuel market is segmented into:
· High grade
· Low grade
On the basis of application, the global refuse-derived fuel market is segmented into:
· Cement kilns
· Coal Power Plant
· Combined Heat and Power Plant
On the basis of region, the global refuse-derived fuel market is segmented into:
· North America
· South America
o Rest of South America
o Rest of Europe
· Asia Pacific
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
· Middle East
o Rest of Middle East
o South Africa
o Northern Africa
o Rest of Africa
Request sample report here:
Download PDF brochure here:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions.
What we provide:
• Customized Market Research Services
• Industry Analysis Services
• Business Consulting Services
• Market Intelligence Services
• Long term Engagement Model
• Country Specific Analysis
Coherent Market Insights Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 1001 4th ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.