Task 1. Fill in the correct phrasal verbs
- She is a very strange girl, I can’t make her….
- I don’t like it when young girls make themselves ….
- Do you know what wonderful poem Ted had made… for Christmas?
- Please, make it… with your brother. You both look unhappy.
- I don’t believe you. You’ve made it all… .
- Let’s make him … as a pirate, dress him in a pirate costume.
Task 2. Choose the correct phrasal verbs to fill in the gaps.
- Я ___ свою дипломную работу из материалов курсовой.
- Железная дорога ___ поселок в шумный город.
- Я должен ___ соседям за потоп.
- Ник опять опоздал. Какую причину он __ на сей раз?
- Врач ___ мне счет на 800$!
- Давай ___ и забудем об этом печальном недоразумении?
- Мы ___ гараж в домик для гостей.
- Я не могу ___, что написано на этикетке.
- Я уже __ телефону, но звонки прекратились.
- Take … your tracksuit and put it in the washing machine. (remove clothes)
- Jane has difficulty in getting her ideas … . (communicating)
- The thief made … the painting without knowing it wasn’t the real one.
- The children immediately took … their new tennis instructor. (liked)
- I’ll make … not doing my chores this week, I promise.
- Do you get … with your parents? (have a good relationship)
- The sooner we start writing the report, the sooner we get it … . (finish)
- This rainy weather gets me … . (make somebody sad)
- Alice hasn’t been able to get … the fact that she failed her exams. (recover from)
- Paul should write children’s books, he’s always making … stories for his kids.
- Your handwriting is terrible. I can’t make … what it says.
- Homework takes … most of my time on weekends. (fills time)
- Danny is very active; I think he takes … his mum. (to be like)
- What do you make … your new neighbours?
- Since you have so much free time, why don’t you take … tennis? (begin smth as a hobby)
- What time did the plane take … ? (leave the ground)
Watching and discussing
Watching and revising
Task 1. Fill in the correct particles.
- Have you made *** with Patty yet?
- Oh come on! Why don’t you just kiss and make ***?
- I couldn’t make it *** at all…
- He could just make *** a dark shape moving towards him.
- I couldn’t make *** what he was saying.
- Thieves broke into the school and made *** with computer equipment worth 40,000.
- The burglars made *** before the police arrived.
- They broke free and made *** in a stolen car.
- They made *** an excuse for being late.
- The men made *** as the police arrived.
- The getaway car made *** towards Horrocks Avenue.
- I think it’s time we made *** home.
- The numbers are too small – I can’t make them *** at all.
- I can’t make *** your writing.
- She’s a strange person – I can’t make her *** at all.
- Nobody can make *** why you should have been attacked.
- The child wanted him to make a story *** about dragons and knights on horseback.
- They kissed and made ***, as usual, and so everyone relaxed.
- It is hard to make *** the criteria the judges always use.
- We often quarrel but we always make it *** (with each other) soon after.
- Nancy wasn’t sure what to make *** Mick’s apology.
- They made my face *** to look like a clown.
- She made *** a check and handed it to me.
- She takes forever to make *** in the morning.
November 17, 2020