What You'll Do
You will be the leader of government affairs and public policy for Cisco in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), both within the company and with government officials and agencies, demonstrating subject matter expertise and acting as a collaborative partner and influencer.
- You will lead and support Cisco’s engagements with key government leaders and policy-makers in Russia and CIS.
- You will further develop key relationships between officials and policy-makers in Russia and CIS and Cisco senior executives, including the Vice President for Russia/CIS and other senior Cisco executives.
- You will lead and support Cisco’s engagement and partnership agreement with the Skolkovo Foundation.
- You will advise on current political and policy trends in the region and potential implications for the business.
- You will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and advocating Cisco’s core public policy priorities in Russia; key areas of focus for Cisco include policy initiatives in the areas of cyber security, privacy, data economy, telecoms regulations, localization requirements and the Digital Economy of the Russian Federation program.
- You will manage our involvement on these topics with key trade associations in Russia, including for example the American Chamber of Commerce in Russia, the U.S.-Russia Business Council and the Russian Union of Industrialists; you will prepare responses such as position papers, presentations, publication pieces and briefings on these topics as appropriate.
- You will represent Cisco in relevant hearings, meetings, conferences and seminars.
Who You'll Work With
Government Affairs (GA) is a global corporate function reporting directly into Cisco’s Chief Executive Officer, Chuck Robbins. The team represents Cisco in front of governments and policy-makers worldwide. GA works to build strategic relationships with governments, to educate governments and regulators about Cisco and the technology industry, and to advocate public policy positions consistent with Cisco’s vision.
You will be based in Moscow and will report to the Government Affairs Vice President for the EMEAR region. You will work very closely and collaboratively with the Vice President for Russia and CIS, and the leadership team in Russia.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in government affairs & public policy environment and comprehensive understanding of the operation of governments and regulatory agencies involved in tech policy issues in Russia.
- Political and government affairs experience in the public and/or private sector: e.g. having worked in an agency or government bodies; or having worked as a government professional in a medium to large international corporation, trade association, law firm or consulting firm.
- You are an expert on digital policies and have a deep understanding of policy opportunities and challenges in the ICT sector in Russia and across the CIS region.
- Executive presence; strong advocacy, communication and collaboration skills.
- You are a self-starter who can handle multiple challenges simultaneously.
- Advanced degree in law, political science, business, economics or similar.
- Masters degree in the US or abroad is a plus.
- Native Russian and excellent English.
Please mention Your Job telegram channel as the source of information regarding this position