Automotive Relay Market is estimated to be USD 12.39 Billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.20% during the forecast period. The base year considered for the study is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2022. Factors such as increasing trend of vehicle electrification, stringent emission norms, and fuel efficiency standards are driving the automotive relay market across the globe. Also, increasing demand for premium and mid-priced passenger cars has increased the comfort and luxury applications in the car, which has, in turn, boosted the global market.
Objectives of the Automotive Relay Market Study:
- To analyze and forecast (2015–2022) the market size, in terms of volume (‘000 units) and value (USD million), of the automotive relay market
- To define, describe, and project the global market by relay type (PCB relay, Plug-in relay, High voltage relay, Protective relay, Signal relay, and Time relay)
- To define, describe, and project the global market by Load, Vehicle, and application type—Passenger car (Small load- door lock, power window, sunroof, power seat, EPS, horn, wiper), (Medium load- lighting, fuel injection, defogger), (Heavy load- air conditioner, starter)), LCV ((Small load- door lock, sunroof, EPS, horn, wiper), (Medium load- lighting, fuel injection, defogger), (Heavy load- air conditioner, starter)
- To define, describe, and project the electric vehicle relay market by vehicle type (hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and battery electric vehicle (BEV))
- To define, describe, and project the 48V passenger car relay market for automotive relay
- To define, describe, and project the automotive relay market by region (Asia-Oceania, North America, Europe, and Rest of the World) and vehicle type (passenger cars, LCV, and HCV)
- To understand the market dynamics and the impact of market dynamics on this market, market ranking analysis of key automotive relay suppliers, and profiles of the top 15 automotive relay suppliers
To know about the assumptions considered for the study, download the pdf brochure
The market is led by the key automotive relay manufacturers such as TE Connectivity (Switzerland), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Denso Corporation (Japan), Omron Corporation (Japan), and American Zettler (U.S.). The automotive relay components are supplied to major OEMs in the automotive industry such as Volkswagen (Germany), Nissan (Japan), Toyota Motor Corporation (Japan), Honda Motor Co. Ltd (Japan), and others.
Automotive Relay Market Target Audience
- Suppliers of automotive relay
- Raw material manufacturers of automotive relay components (suppliers for Tier I)
- Traders, distributors, and suppliers of automotive relay components or raw materials
- Regional manufacturer associations
- Automotive OEMs
- Organized and unorganized aftermarket suppliers
- Government’s national and regional environmental regulatory agencies or organizations
PCB relay is estimated to be the fastest growing segment in this market. OEMs are using PCB relays in the major applications of a vehicle such as ABS, cruise control, doors, power steering, power windows, sunroof, and others. Increasing demand for electronic control modules coupled with electronic components has generated the demand for smaller devices that can be used for carrying greater current loads. Several Tier-1 suppliers and OEMs prefer using PCB relays owing to its miniaturized size, which saves significant space in the vehicle junction box.
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings, click Speak to Analyst
The passenger car door lock application is estimated to hold the largest market size in the automotive relay market. With increasing demand for comfort, the electronic door lock feature is present in 95%–98% of the passenger cars globally. The power door lock helps the driver to lock or unlock all the vehicle doors with a single switch. The door lock relay helps in sending power to the actuators located in the door lock, which help to lock and unlock the door of the vehicle. In a passenger car, each door has a relay employed for switching purpose. Along with the passenger car segment, the demand for power door locks in increasing in the LCV segment, which will influence the door lock application market in the LCV segment.
Asia-Oceania region is estimated to be the leading market for automotive relay
Asia-Oceania is estimated to be the largest market for automotive relays during the forecast period. The automotive relay market in this region is driven by automotive hubs such as China and India. The growing demand for vehicles, rising disposable income, and low production costs are driving the Asia-Oceania market. North America is estimated to be the fastest growing market for electric vehicle relays. The growth in this region is driven by increasingly changing infrastructure and significant investment by OEMs in the development of electric vehicles.
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
MarketsandMarkets’s flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, “Knowledgestore” connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
Mr. Shelly Singh
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062