In the previous article, we discussed social media ads on Facebook. Today, it is Instagram's turn.
With a crowd of in excess of 928 million individuals, Instagram promotions are a critical device for any web-based media advertiser. With access to parent organization Facebook's broad focus on choices and instruments, Instagram promoting is a viable methodology that’s easy to implement.
This post will be quite brief, but if you want more examples or inspiration, or even if you need someone to design your ad banners, you can visit Eleken's webpage about social media ads.
There are 5 most common types of ads on Instagram:
1. Photo and video ads - ads that look like regular Instagram posts with a label 'Sponsored' in the top right and a CTA button.
2. Carousel ads - ads in the Instagram newsfeed that consist of different visually similar images tied together by a common theme.
3. Collection ads - they include a cover image or video plus several product shots. Collection ads direct the users to an Instant Experience.
4. Instagram Stories ads - these ads can use photos or videos up to 120 seconds long. They display in full-screen format between people’s stories.
5. IGTV ads - Instagram recently announced that it will be offering advertising on IGTV. As this is a brand-new development, details of how IGTV ads will work are now yet clear, but video creators will receive 55% of the ad revenue.
To conclude, the goal of any social media campaign is to reach the target audience. But having an ad appear in the news feeds of people you're targeting won't necessarily bring you desired business results.