Netgear extender connected but no internet? If the answer to this question is yes, then look no further than our article! Here, we will surely make you aware of a few reasons behind this issue along with their solutions. Read on.
All the Netgear extender troubleshooting tips will help you fix the issues mentioned below:
1. Netgear extender not connecting to internet.
2. Unable to connect to internet after setting up Netgear extender.
3. How to connect Netgear extender to internet?
4. WiFi connection problems with my Netgear WiFi range extender.
Let's get the ball rolling!
Netgear extender not connecting to internet: What would be the Actual Reason?
If your Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet, then one of the following is the reason behind this:
1. Netgear WiFi extender setup process not performed properly.
2. The hardware or software of your Netgear extender is faulty.
3. Loose cable connections.
4. Interference in the path of extender’s WiFi signals.
5. Netgear extender is placed away from the main router.
6. Poor connection status of the network adapter.
7. Netgear extender continuously showing an orange or red LED light.
8. An outdated Netgear extender firmware.
We hope that you now know the actual factor causing WiFi connection problems. If each and everything is in good terms from your end, execute a couple of demystifying steps outlined underneath to troubleshoot the issue.
Fix: Netgear Extender Not Connecting to Internet
With no more ado, let us start fixing the issue.
1. Place your Netgear WiFi extender away from interference-creating WiFi and Bluetooth devices.
2. Check the LED lights on your Netgear extender and your main router as well. On the off chance that your Netgear extender’s power LED is showing in red color, it indicates that your Netgear device is not connecting to your router.
3. A blinking orange LED light signifies that your extender is connected to your main router but there is no internet/WAN connection.
4. Found no issue with the LEDs on your Netgear extender and the main router? Go for loose Ethernet connections or plugins checking.
5. Reboot your PC, laptop, modem, Netgear extender, mobile device and router to verify if it troubleshoots the issue or not.
6. In the event, if the error is still maddening you, log in to mywifiext.net web address and see for the Netgear extender firmware update.
At last, go for the Netgear extender reset process. For a complete reset process, click here.
Still facing the same issue?
We all know how maddening it is – when your Netgear wireless range extender refuses to connect to your existing WiFi network. However, it is completely depends upon the situation that leads to the issue. So, considering this, we have mentioned more fixes for you. Keep reading.
Scenario 1: Netgear WiFi Extender Unable to Detect SSID (Network Name)
1. Power-cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender – wait for some time and get connected to the internet again.
2. Confirm if your Netgear extender is transmitting its SSID or not.
3. Access the Netgear extender login web page using www.mywifiext.net.
4. As soon as the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard loads up, ensure that both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi bands are enabled.
5. Check if you are connecting to the correct network name (SSID) or not.
For more assistance, get in touch with our well-trained experts.
Scenario 2: Netgear Extender No Internet Access Triggered After Setting Changes
In case, your Netgear wireless range extender starts giving you trouble after setting changes or Netgear firmware update, then the below-mentioned steps will definitely come handy:
1. Log in to your Netgear extender through an internet browser.
2. Enter Netgear extender IP or mywifiext web address.
3. Head over to the Other Settings > Browse section option.
4. Find the backup file.
5. Hit the restore option.
6. A confirmation popup will displays.
7. Hit the yes button to restore & the previous settings.
Your Netgear extender will reboot automatically. So, wait for some time until the rebooting process gets completed successfully.
If none of the above-mentioned tactics resolved your issue, simply call at our toll-free number 1-888-961-4011 now! Our technical experts will help you out to fix the issue within a matter of minutes.