Simple Steps to Get Your HP Printer Offline Back Online
An offline HP printer troubles a lot and more when you don’t know how to fix it. You might be trying to print an immediate document, but couldn’t as the HP Printer Offline error notification starts to flash in front of you or at the notification bar.
To deal with this issue we have prepared this go-to-guide that consists of some updated techniques and methods. Let’s first figure out what triggers an offline error in the HP printer.
Reasons that prevent your offline HP printer to come back online
An offline error may appear due to several reasons. Here we have mentioned all of them.
- Network connection problem.
- Intermittent internet network.
- An out-of-date HP Printer driver.
- Loose printer and network cables.
- Accumulation of pending and failed print jobs.
- Trying to print with Use Printer Offline settings.
How to set HP printer offline to online?
Once you know the reasons that prevent your printer to get back to the online state, you can work on the troubleshooting steps to fix those errors.
Step 1. Insert the cables again to their position
Though a basic step but, sometimes the most effective one. First of all, you should visually check the printer wires and if you found anyone loose, then tighten them again. To re-verify all connections you may reconnect the cables back to their place and make sure to necessarily check the Ethernet cable.
If you are using the wireless printer then you can simply check that your printer is working by connecting a cable to your computer or printing machine to verify if the printer is working or not.
Step 2. Deactivate Use Printer Offline mode
Sometimes you mistakenly choose an offline printing mode or maybe that happens automatically due to some technical problem. Well, in that case, you should manually deactivate the Use Printer Offline mode. Here is how to do it.
1. Go to the Control Panel section and open the Devices and Printers section.
2. Right-click on the offline HP printer and then click See what’s printing.
3. A new window appears, click the Printer tab.
4. Now choose the option that says Use Printer Online or else make sure the Use Printer Offline option is deselected.
Step 3. Delete the pending print jobs
Accumulated print jobs decay thus creating trouble in printing and sometimes triggers an offline error. The only way to get rid of it is by deleting those pending print jobs. Here is how to remove those files.
- You can simply follow the steps given in the previous section to land on the See what’s printing section. Here is how to get there.
- Open the Control Panel section on your computer.
- Now go to Devices and Printers, right-click on troubled HP printer and click See what’s printing.
- Now hit the Cancel button to abort any pending print jobs.
- Now you will need to click the option Use printer online again to get your printer back to the online mode.
- Restart your PC and printer to finish the troubleshooting.
Step 4. Reinstall the printer drivers
Reinstalling the printer drivers will help you overcome an outdated printer driver issue. To begin with, you will need to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them using the following steps.
Uninstall the existing set of drivers
- First of all, open the Control Panel, go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your HP printer that is offline and click Remove Device from the drop-down list.
- Wait for some time until the printer is removed.
Install the latest drivers
- Ensure to log in as an admin on your Windows.
- Open the command prompt by typing CMD on the Run dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Once the black screen (command prompt) opens, type the printui /s /t2, or you can simply copy the printui /s /t2 and paste it over the command window.
- Now the Print Server Properties window will open.
- Simply go to Add a Printer section and add your printer to fix the offline problem.
- Now your offline HP printer should start showing online and allow you to print the docs.
Is your HP printer still showing offline? Call the experts
If still your HP printer showing offline then it could be that you haven’t restarted your printer or due to a slow network. You can fix it by simply restarting the entire printing environment – computer, printer, and router. If still, you could get it back online, then reach out to the experts at the HP support helpline number.
View Source Url:- https://whydoesmyprinterkeepsgoingoffline.blogspot.com/2021/02/why-is-my-hp-printer-showing-offline.html