Children can always laugh very loudly at poo. The joke repertoire of my boys consists almost exclusively of poo jokes. “It is brown and crawls up your leg…. A turd with homesickness! ”And I translated that sense of humor for Finn's beautiful birthday cake inUdaipur Bakery; drunk cupcakes in ice trays. In other words, ice creams! Super funny and incredibly tasty. These turd cupcakes were a great success. In this blog, I share my recipe with you and show you how to make the poo ice cream.
The ingredients for the turd cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 175 grams of soft butter
- 3 eggs at room temperature1
- 75 grams of white caster suger
- 175 grams of self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons milk at room temperature
- 12 ice trays, which you can buy (square) and (the round that I used). And in some supermarkets, they also sell ice cream containers.
For the crap
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 300 grams of soft butter
- 150 grams of powdered sugar
- 80 grams of cocoa
- 100 ml whipped creamBag of vanilla sugar
- Edible eyes
- White roll fondantPastry bag
Make the turd cupcakes
The cupcake ice creams
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Mix the butter and sugar to a light, fluffy mass
- Then add the eggs one by one and mix them with your batter.
- Little by little add the self-rising flour and mix it through to a smooth batter.
- Finally, add the milk and mix your batter for 1 minute.
- Fill the ice trays up to 3 centimeters below the rim with batter and bake them in 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can check whether they are cooked by inserting a skewer in it.
- If it comes out clean again, the cupcakes are ready.
- The cakes may protrude a bit after baking, then you can spray the turd nicely against it.
The chocolate buttercream for the turds
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and then set it aside so that it can cool down.
- Mix the butter with the powdered sugar and vanilla sugar to a smooth mass.
- Also, mix in the cocoa powder.
- And then add the whipped cream and the cooled melted chocolate and mix it into nice, smooth cream. In principle, your chocolate buttercream is now ready, but if it doesn't feel firm enough, you can put it in the fridge for fifteen minutes to make it a little firmer.
The crazy cupcakes
- Roll the roll fondant flat and cut or stick out your mouth.
- Then put the chocolate buttercream in the piping bag and spray drips on top of the cupcakes.
- If necessary, push two more eyes and a mouth in, just like the poop emoji and this great children's treat is ready. Tasty - that chocolate buttercream is divine! - and funny.
Make the turd cupcakes a day in advance
The bloody cupcakes ice creams are a bit too laborious to make up in the morning before going to school. But luckily you can prepare most in advance. The day before I already made the cupcakes, the mouths, and the chocolate buttercream. I kept the cupcakes and the mouths in sealed containers and the chocolate buttercream in the fridge. The next morning I immediately removed the buttercream from the fridge so that it could become soft again. And after an hour and fifteen minutes, I mixed the cream, put it in piping bags and sprayed the cakes. Eyes and mouths on it and the crazy cupcakes were ready!
We put the turd cupcakes on a packed cardboard box and poked them with skewers. That way they were easy to hand out and didn't fall over so quickly.
The crazy cupcakes ice creams are quite shaky. And so they fall over pretty quickly if you put them on a tray. That is why I cut a box, wrapped it with wrapping paper and inserted small satay sticks through the bottom, on which I poked the cakes. (see the photo above) So they were fairly stable and easy for Finn to distribute