Automotive Tensioner: Introduction
- The automotive tensioner is designed to create a tension or to apply force on the engine belt. The application of force on an engine belt may be parallel to the tension in the belt in case of hydraulic tensioner or may be perpendicular in case of spring loaded chain drive tensioner.
- Automotive tensioner has been widely adopted for automobile engines since the 1980s in order to reduce the noise generated by the timing belts that are used to drive the camshafts. Moreover, the automotive tensioner is adopted to improve the durability of the belt that is used to drive the camshaft. In 1986, the first automotive tensioner was used by The Ford Motor Company in their Mercury Sable vehicle.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Tensioner Market
- Rise in demand for light weight vehicles across the globe, in order to increase fuel-efficiency of the vehicle, is estimated to boost the automotive tensioner market. Increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across the globe is likely to fuel the demand for automotive tensioner significantly, which in turn is projected to drive the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
- Increase in concern about global warming and other environmental issues and the development of technologies to reduce fuel consumption are expected to boost the demand for lighter and more compact automotive tensioners. Various countries have enacted rules and regulations to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers have been developing low fuel consumption technologies that would help reduce CO2 emissions and create the ways to save energy. This, in turn, is likely to boost the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Tensioner Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of automotive tensioner market
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a significant share of the global automotive tensioner market due to an increase in vehicle production and sale across the region. Stringent rules and regulations enacted regarding emission norms in countries including India, China, and South Korea are estimated to propel the automotive tensioner market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive tensioner market due to the considerable presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules about vehicle emission norms in the region. Europe is also home to major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers, including Continental AG and Muhr und Bender KG who are leading key players with major research and development facilities for automotive tensioner. This, is turn, is likely to propel the automotive tensioner market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Tensioner Market
The global automotive tensioner market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive tensioner market are:
- Continental AG
- ABA Automotive
- ALT America Inc.
- C R Products Ltd
- Litens Automotive Group
- GMB Corporation
- Dayco Products LLC
- NTN Corporation
- Gates Corporation
- Muhr und Bender KG
- KMC Automobile Transmission
- FAI Automotive Plc
- Pricol Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab anexclusive PDF Brochureof this report
Global Automotive Tensioner Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Type of Tensioner
- Hydraulically Operated System
- Damping Structure
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Drive Type
- Chain Drive
- Belt Drive
- Auxiliary Drive
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by System
- Dual Arm Tensioner System
- Conventional Belt Tensioner System
- Automatic Belt Tensioner System
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis