Vehicle collision mitigation brake system: Introduction
- Vehicle collision mitigation brake system helps prevent a rear-end collision with vehicles that are stationary or traveling in the same direction. This system is a radar-based autonomous emergency braking system that detects a possible collision within a specified range.
- Collision mitigation braking system works in three stages. The first stage includes alerting the driver through visual and audio warning. The second stage confirms the collision that is likely to occur, and the third stage includes activation of the collision mitigation brake system by tightening of the passenger seat belt and applies the emergency brake with high force itself when the collision is unavoidable.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, Request for a Sample
Key drivers of vehicle collision mitigation brake system market
- The integrated safety system provides the benefit of crash avoidance and reduction of the severity of the crash. Original equipment manufacturers are integrated various autonomous vehicles with the driver assistance and high safety, including full range active cruise control (ACC), pre-crash brake assist (PBA), and lane departure warning system (LDWS). Several government authorities across the global including Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific have mandate the integration of advance safety features in vehicles.
- Currently, traffic accidents are a significant cause of death and injuries. Automotive manufacturers have developed major safety systems to help prevent accidents. This is projected to boost the collision mitigation market, due to a rise in the demand for vehicles that are incorporated with significant safety features and also change in the consumer living standard.
- In 1955, Hughes Research Laboratory, California, U.S. first introduced the radar-based collision mitigation system. In 2003, Toyota Harrier was integrated with the collision mitigation brake system, in Japan.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report