Airborne SATCOM: Introduction
- Airborne Satellite Communications (SATCOM) system is an integrated solution providing a constant and reliable en route and out route transmission of critical real-time information to support any airborne mission
- An airborne SATCOM system consists of multiple equipment which includes transmitter, receiver, transceiver, antenna, airborne radio, modems & routers, and other equipment
- Airborne SATCOM systems offer global coverage for all frequency bands that includes L-X-, Ku-, and Ka-bands
- Airborne SATCOM terminals are lightweight and provide high performance to keep track of tactical communication and organization in the air and on the ground
- Airborne SATCOM systems are used for various platforms such as commercial aircrafts, military aircrafts, business jets, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), for government & defense and commercial use
Request A Sample Copy Of The Report https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=78101
Rise in Demand for Airborne SATCOM Systems for Use in Defense
- Airborne SATCOM systems are largely used in the defense field to deliver cost-effective broadband communication services to aircrafts operating at very high speeds
- Airborne SATCOM equipment have been tested under the most severe military conditions and meet the highest military standards
- Airborne SATCOM systems continually undergo technological advancements to ensure high performance. For instance, in November 2019, the French Air Force enhanced its airborne satellite communication capabilities by adopting new technologies from Thales for the Rafale combat aircraft.
- Furthermore, in September 2018, Collins Aerospace received the first long-term contract worth US$ 82 Mn from the US Department of Defense (DoD) to supply mobile user objective system-capable airborne radios and ancillaries for the DoD platform
- Manufacturers of airborne SATCOM systems are continually engaged in development of technologically advanced airborne SATCOM for use in military and commercial aircraft that include Very Important Person Special Air Mission (VIPSAM) platforms for senior leaders in the U.S Government
- As a result of these factors, demand for airborne SATCOM systems for government & defense use is growing, which is expected to drive the global airborne SATCOM market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of satellite services is expected to hinder the growth of the global airborne SATCOM market during forecast period
North America to Lead the Airborne SATCOM Market
- In terms of region, the global airborne SATCOM market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global airborne SATCOM market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of airborne SATCOM operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players from North America are focusing on technological advancement in telecommunication products which is expected to boost the airborne SATCOM market in the region during the forecast period
- The airborne SATCOM market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Airborne SATCOM Market
The global airborne SATCOM market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for airborne SATCOM. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global airborne SATCOM market include:
- Aselsan AS
- Cobham Limited
- Collins Aerospace
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Hughes Network Systems LLC.
- Inmarsat Global Limited
- Orbit Communications Systems Ltd.
- Teledyne Defense Electronics
- Thales Group
- Viasat, Inc.
Request For Covid19 Impact Analysis https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=78101
Global Airborne SATCOM Market: Research Scope
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Component
- SATCOM Terminals
- Airborne Radio
- Modems & Routers
- SATCOM Radomes
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Platform
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- Business Jets
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by End-user
- Government & Defense
Global Airborne SATCOM Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market