According to a recent report by Fact.MR, worldwide sales of algae supplements are estimated to surpass 4,300 tons in 2019, recording a 6% Y-o-Y growth over 2018. Surging demand for nutritional supplements and growing trend of dietary reassessments by consumers point at bright prospects of the algae supplements industry. Algae supplements continue to gain monumental traction among health-conscious consumers, who are increasingly drawn toward the unique benefits of algae-based products.
“Consumer spending on products offering functional benefits is higher than ever, creating sustained opportunities for the algae supplements industry. Consumers are increasingly attracted toward nutritional supplements and are incorporating them into their diets to lead healthier lifestyles. Augmented interest in preventive healthcare has created a massive shift toward nutritional supplements and this, in turn, is being captured by the players in the algae supplements market, as a dynamic opportunity to boost their bottom line sales”, states Fact.MR report.
Request Sample Here:
- The algae supplements market reflected growth at a CAGR of over 5% during the period, 2013 to 2018. Gains in the algae supplements industry are primarily driven by the changing dietary patters of consumers and the upward trend of health & wellness.
- Revenues from the algae supplements market surpassed US$ 800 Mn in 2018 and is further projected to exhibit a Y-O-Y growth of over 6% in 2019.
- North America has remained a lucrative market for algae supplements, underpinned in part by the burgeoning demand for algae-based products in the region.
- APEJ is likely to emerge as a high-growth market for algae supplements, upheld by evolving consumer lifestyles and changing dietary patterns across emerging economies in the region.
Algae Supplements Market – Competitive Landscape
- In 2018, Nature’s Way signed a definitive agreement with Natural Products Canada, to collectively tap opportunities in Canada for sales of innovative, natural health-benefitting products. This partnership is aimed at meeting consumer demand for natural products, a category that is witnessing robust demand in the region. These two companies will invest in the pre-mature Canadian companies offering natural products, including nutritional supplements, dietary ingredients, and functional foods.
- In 2016, Parry Nutraceuticals, a division of the E.I.D. - Parry (India) Limited, received the approval from US FDA for its India-based facility for microalgae cultivation & processing. Parry Nutraceuticals also confirmed that it is raising the bar of its product development efforts with an objective of meeting the consumer demand for value-added microalgae-based products.
- In 2018, AlgaEnergy- a leading player in the algae supplements market and Yokogawa Electric Corporation made an official announcement of a strategic partnership and equity participation agreement among the parties. The strategic agreement encompasses an investment of approximately 10 million euro by Yokogawa, with an objective to acquire the newly issued shares of AlgaEnergy, thereby making the company a reference shareholder.
Koninklijke DSM N.V.
Founded in 1902, Koninklijke DSM N.V. is based in Heerlen, Netherlands. The company offers multiple products in the fields of nutrition, materials, and health and ranks among one of the leading purpose-led company in the field of animal & human nutrition.
Founded in 1990, Doctor's Best, Inc. is based in Irvine, California. The company offers a wide-range of products in the dietary and nutritional supplements segment. With an offering of over 200 products, the company manufactures and distributes its products in the US and overseas.
Founded in 1968, Now Foods is based in Bloomingdale, United States. The company offers a broad portfolio of natural & organic products, including supplements and packaged foods. The company has achieved various awards and several recognitions for its product offerings.
Chlorella Supply Co., Ltd.
Founded in 1992, Chlorella Supply Co., Ltd. is based in Izumo, Japan. The company is a subsidiary of the Daesang Corporation and offers a wide-range of chlorella-based nutritional healthcare supplements. Algae-based products account for a significant pie of the company’s overall revenue share.
For More Information Raise Enquiry Here:
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852