As per the latest study by Fact.MR, the global SiC & GaN power semiconductor market is likely to experience strong growth during 2017-2026. The global market for SiC & GaN power semiconductor is also estimated to bring in US$ 2,986.3 million revenue. Introduction of technically advanced devices with better power capacity is driving the market for SiC & GaN power semiconductor.
Increasing production of hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles globally is fueling the demand for power semiconductor devices such as SiC and GaN. Also, the growing use of mobile devices is contributing to the demand for SiC & GaN power semiconductor. With the increasing use of SiC, SiC metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFET) have gained immense popularity among manufacturers. Meanwhile, GaN-on-silicon (GaN-on-Si) devices are also anticipated to witness growth in the coming years. GaN semiconductor devices are also witnessing increasing application in automotive, information and communication technology, consumer electronics and medical. Also, the advancement in semiconductor and power electronics is helping companies to improve power management and battery capacity.
Introduction of 5G mobile communication globally is one of the key factors driving the SiC & GaN power semiconductor Market. Moreover, power semiconductors especially Radio Frequency type is required in mobile communication. Also, companies are focusing to introduce GaN-based power amplifier with high speed. Meanwhile, automotive electronics also accounts for heavy consumption of power semiconductors. With the rise in electric vehicles, the deployment of SiC & GaN power semiconductor in cars has also increased.
Get Free Sample Report Here: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=381
Discrete SiC Power Devices to Gain Maximum Traction in the Market
On the basis of components, discrete SiC power devices are likely to gain traction in the market from 2017 to 2026. Discrete SiC power devices are estimated to surpass US$ 1,900 million revenue towards 2026 end. Meanwhile, SiC power modules are also likely to achieve strong growth through 2026. SiC power devices is emerging as the most viable option for next-generation semiconductor elements due to its high frequency, high voltage performance and high temperature.
SiC & GaN power semiconductor to Find Largest Application in Power Supplies
SiC & GaN power semiconductor is likely to find the largest application in Power supplies between 2017 and 2026. Power supplies are estimated to create an incremental opportunity above US$ 700 million between the forecast period from 2017 to 2026. Increasing demand renewable energy is resulting in the development of power semiconductor devices. Moreover, Silicon Carbide and Gallium Nitride are considered suitable for power semiconductor devices as it helps in reducing on-state resistance and miniaturizing the size of power devices.
Forecast Highlights on Global SiC & GaN Power Semiconductor Market
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) to emerge as the dominating region in the global SiC & GaN power semiconductor market. By the end of 2026, APEJ is projected to bring in more than US$ 2,200 million revenue. Increasing demand for mobile devices, the presence of the key companies are some of the factors driving the demand for SiC & GaN to power semiconductor in the region.
- Meanwhile, Japan followed by Europe are also likely to see the significant growth in the coming years. Technological advancements in the regions are driving the market growth.
- SiC is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. By the end of 2026, SiC as a material to power semiconductor is projected to exceed US$ 2,400 million revenue.
- Compared to the various components, discrete SiC power devices are anticipated to witness growth. Discrete SiC power devices are projected to reach the value of nearly US$ 2,000 million revenue towards the end of 2026.
- SiC & GaN power semiconductor is expected to be used largely in power supplies during the forecast period 2017-2026. By the end of 2026, power supplies are projected to bring in more than US$ 800 million revenue.
The report also profiles companies that are expected to remain active in the expansion of global SiC & GaN power semiconductor market through 2026, which include VisIC Technologies Ltd, Panasonic Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., GaN Systems Inc., Exagan S.A.S, Cambridge Electronics, Avogy, Inc., Vincotech GmbH, United Silicon Carbide Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Raytheon Company, Monolith Semiconductor Inc., Genesic semiconductor Inc., Transform, Inc., Alpha & Omega Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics, SEMIKRON International GmbH, Danfoss A/S, Microsemi Corporation, Wolfspeed, Inc., ROHM Semiconductor, Global Power Technologies Group, Fuji Electric Systems Co., Ltd, Fairchild Semiconductor, and Infineon Technologies.
Have Any Query?? Ask Our Industry Expert:
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852