Given the debilitating impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on the Global Vision Processing Unit Market , companies are vying opportunities to stay afloat in the market landscape. Gain access to our latest research analysis on COVID-19 associated with the Global Vision Processing Unit Market and understand how market players are adopting new strategies to mitigate the impact of the pandemic.
Regional Market Analysis
The North American vision processing unit market is currently the largest. The players in North America have been pioneers of VPU technology and are focused on specialization to compete with low-cost manufacturers in Asia-Pacific. The North American market is slated to maintain its lead for the duration of the forecast period.
- US: The presence of companies such as Movidius, Cadence Design Systems Inc., Texas Instruments, and Lattice Semiconductor in the US makes the country-level market the leader in the global vision processing unit market. An open economy, excellent R&D infrastructure, and high demand for VPUs are some of the factors driving the growth of the country-level market. High manufacturing costs and a focus on state-of-the-art VPUs over robust and low-cost models are expected to restrain the growth for the market. However, this may be offset by the emerging ADAS, drone, and other allied markets which would ensure steady demand for top-end VPUs.
- Canada: The Canadian market for VPUs is poised to grow, albeit at a smaller scale than its US counterpart. The growth of the market can be attributed to reduced market competition and government focus on promoting manufacturing.
The demand for VPUs in Europe is fulfilled by the significant manufacturing base in the. Market players in Europe emphasize quality over quantity, which is driving innovation.
- Germany: Germany is one of the largest markets for VPUs in Europe and the country is a hub for manufacturing. This is due to the presence of favorable labor laws and an emphasis on quality control in the country. Companies such as NXP Semiconductors, which is headquartered in the Netherlands, have manufacturing bases in Germany, which is driving innovation.
- France: The vision processing unit market in France is slated to grow during the forecast period. These devices are widely used in the AI-enabled products manufactured in the country. However, manufacturing in France is limited due to the country’s strict labor laws, which restrains market growth.
- UK: A high demand for the latest surveillance equipment boosts innovation and drives the growth of the vision processing unit market in the country. Consequently, players in the UK fulfill the majority of the demand for VPUs in surveillance applications across Western Europe.
The market in Asia-Pacific is slated to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period. This is largely due to the regional smartphone market being the largest in the world and the widespread use of VPUs in the manufacturing of smartphones. Lower manufacturing costs than in Europe or North America are further expected to drive the growth of the market in Asia-Pacific.
- China: The country has one of the largest shares of the VPU market in Asia-Pacific due to the widespread use of VPUs in the country’s extremely large consumer electronics market. The only factor limiting the growth of the country-level market is government policy discouraging international companies from utilizing the pro-manufacturing economic landscape.
- Japan: The demand for ADAS and surveillance devices is rising in Japan, driving the growth of the vision processing unit market in the country. The presence of well-established ancillary industries, such as co-fired ceramics which are essential to the production of quality VPUs, is also driving the growth of the market.
- South Korea: The growth of the South Korean market is fueled by the presence of Samsung, the world leader in mass-produced VPU-integrated processors, and the country’s robust consumer electronics manufacturing industry. Intense competition from Japan and the US is propelling the R&D of VPUs, which also serves to enhance the overall market growth in the country.
- India: India is fast emerging as a global hub for the manufacture of smartphones, with current manufacturing costs undercutting China as well. This, along with the growing demand for consumer electronics in the country, is fueling the growth of the vision processing unit market in India. Government initiatives to boost the technology sector and low labor costs are expected to further drive market growth.
Rest of the World
The presence of a small consumer base in the region limits the growth of the vision processing unit market, which is highly reliant on the demand for consumer goods such as home electronics, smartphones, and cameras. A focus on economic resurgence in the countries in this region is leading to favorable legislation for investment.
- South America: Presently a growing market, the limited demand is fulfilled by the import of VPUs and VPU-enhanced processors. The market in Latin America is further constricted by political uncertainty in the region. Argentina is a relatively stable country with the government focusing on promoting manufacturing.
- Middle East: Economic growth in the Middle East presents several opportunities to players in the vision processing unit market. Presently, Israel accounts for the largest share of the market in the Middle East and the country-level market is expected to grow during the review period due to rising demand.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Reports (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research and Consulting Services.
Market Research Future
+1 646 845 9312