Global Photonic Integrated Circuits (PIC) Market: Overview
According to a new research report pertaining to the photonic integrated circuits (PIC) market, published by Transparency Market Research, the global photonic integrated circuits market is expected to reach a value of ~ US$ 3.3 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~ 23% from 2019 to 2027. According to the report, the global PIC market would continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and market-specific factors during the forecast period.
- In terms of application, the global photonic integrated circuits market has been segmented into optical communication, sensing, optical signal processing, and biophotonics.
- The optical communication segment in the PIC market is anticipated to dominate the market, due to a rise in the demand for optical communication systems that transmit large volume of data at high speed over a long distances.
- Furthermore, the adoption of optical communication systems offers additional advantages over electric communication, such as high bandwidth capability, low latency, and superior flexibility.
Planning To Lay Down Future Strategy? Request Sample https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=997
Increasing Use of Silicon Technology in Photonic Integrated Circuits
- The report on the PIC market offers detailed segmentation of the global photonic integrated circuits market in terms of integration type (monolithic integration, hybrid integration, and module integration), raw material (indium phosphide, gallium arsenide, lithium niobate, silicon, silicon-on-insulator, and others), components (lasers, modulators, detectors, attenuators, multiplexers/de-multiplexers, and optical amplifiers), and application (optical communication, sensing, optical signal processing, and biophotonics). The global photonic integrated circuits market has also been segmented based on region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America).
- Among the raw materials, the silicon segment accounted for a substantial share of the global photonic integrated circuits market in 2018, and is anticipated to gain a higher market share during the forecast period, owing to low-cost integration of silicon-based PICs by using silicon-based semiconductor manufacturing techniques.
Curious? Request To Access Market Data Photonic Integrated Circuits (ICs) Market
Investments by Key Players to Boost Photonic Integrated Circuits Market
The report provides the profiles of leading players operating in the global photonic integrated circuits market. These include Agilent Technologies, Broadcom, Ciena Corporation, Enablence, Finisar Corporation, Hewlett Packard, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Infinera Corporation, Intel Corporation, Kaiam Corp, Luxtera, MACOM, Mellanox Technologies, NeoPhotonics Corporation, Oclaro, Inc., TE Connectivity, Uniphase Inc., and VLC Photonics S.L.
- Luxtera, Inc. and TSMC jointly developed a unique silicon photonics platform in the latter’s 300-mm CMOS wafer foundry in 2017. In 2018, Luxtera announced that significant rise in performance has been achieved in the new TSV-enabled silicon photonics platform being developed at TSMC.
- The company invests significantly in R&D activities in order to design and develop products, services, and solutions to meet the changing requirements of customers. The company has invested over US$ 250 Mn in the R&D of silicon photonics.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Non-volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Market https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/08/07/1898556/0/en/Non-volatile-Memory-Express-NVMe-Market-to-Expand-at-28-CAGR-till-2027-end-due-to-Rising-Need-for-Advanced-Products-TMR.html
Aerial Work Platform Market https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/developing-construction-industry-projects-a-massive-potential-for-global-aerial-work-platform-market-between-2018-and-2026---transparency-market-research-300999371.html