Wound Irrigation Systems Market: Introduction
- Wound irrigation is the steady flow of a solution across an open wound surface to remove deeper debris, achieve wound hydration, and assist with the visual examination. The irrigation solution helps to remove cellular debris and surface pathogens contained in wound exudates or residue from topically applied wound care products.
- Wound irrigation is the most common method used in wound cleansing over swabbing or bathing. The wound healing process comprises three phases: inflammatory, proliferative or fibroplastic, and remodeling. Normally, foreign debris, infectious microorganisms, and necrotic tissues are removed from the wound during the inflammatory phase.
- The two types of wound irrigation system available in the market are manual and battery operated. The manual wound irrigation system is more convenient to use as it contains pressure control button, which provides accurate forceful stream of solution directly to the desired site.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Wound Irrigation Systems Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market
- Increase in incidence of diabetic foot ulcers, burns, and other chronic diseases is projected to boost the growth of the global wound irrigation systems market. According to the WHO, more than 305 million acute, traumatic, and burn wounds are recorded and treated across the globe every year.
- The lifetime risk of people with diabetes to develop a foot ulcer is 34%. Increase in incidence of diabetes is anticipated to propel the global wound irrigation systems market. According to the International Diabetes Federation, 422 million people were living with diabetes across the world in 2016, and over 10% of the global adult population (642 million) is expected to have diabetes by 2040. According to the American Diabetes Association, diabetes accounts for approximately 71,000 deaths in the U.S. each year.
- Rise in the geriatric population is likely to fuel the growth of the global wound irrigation systems market during the forecast period. The world’s population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed countries such as the U.S. and Japan. Developed economies exhibit high rates of aging. According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have large geriatric populations in the shortest span of time in the near future.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Wound Irrigation Systems Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=75807
Manual Wound Irrigation Systems to Witness Significant Demand
- In terms of product type, the global wound irrigation systems market can be bifurcated into battery operated and manual
- The manual segment accounted for the largest share of the global wound irrigation systems market in 2018. The segment is expected to dominate the global wound irrigation systems market due to usage of manual wound irrigation systems in deep surgical and hard-to-heal wounds.
Chronic Wounds Segment to Witness Strong Growth
- Based on application, the global wound irrigation systems market can be divided into chronic wounds, burns, surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, and others
- The chronic wounds segment accounted for the largest market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The segment is likely to witness strong growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in incidence of surgical site infections and diabetic foot ulcers. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, chronic wounds affected 6.5 million people in the U.S. in 2017.
Hospitals to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global wound irrigation systems market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for the largest market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The segment is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Increase in the number of patients for wound irrigation in hospitals is anticipated to boost the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/increasing-awareness-about-treatment-methods-and-favorable-reimbursement-policies-are-at-helm-of-recent-growth-of-global-scar-treatment-market-301019605.html