Depression is often a misunderstood mental condition, so it is helpful to know some basic depression information to understand when to find help for yourself or someone in your family. Depression can be a traumatic physical condition, and often those who suffer from it cannot just merely will themselves to get better. Here is some basic depression information that everyone should know.
There are several types of depression, but it is generally a persistent mental condition when someone is diagnosed with major depression (also called unipolar or clinical depression). Symptoms vary widely according to the individual, but common symptoms include:
• Loss of interest in everything
• Insomnia (sleeping too little) or hypersomnia (sleeping too much)
• Chronic pains such as migraines or epilepsy
• Sudden weight loss or gain
• Feelings of hopelessness and a belief that they cannot be cured
• Suicidal thoughts or plans
Can Depression Be Treated?
Despite this, many people with significant depression can successfully manage their symptoms and perhaps continually improve over time. Since depression hits each person differently, each person may need a slightly different management program. This can include:
• Talk therapy
• Learning to replace depressive thoughts with encouraging thoughts
• Medications for both the depression and for any chronic physical pain
• Interacting with other people that have depression perhaps through support groups
• Regular exercise which helps to promote good sleep and self-confidence
• Taking care of a pet or doing some volunteer work is an excellent personal therapy
Although being diagnosed with depression can be disturbing, there are many options available for the sufferer to help manage the depression and help find some joy in life again.
Homecare Hub is an interactive directory for affordable and quality home care agencies. We provide a selection of hand-picked, high-quality agencies with different price ranges. We are the number one choice of all, as we are the industry innovators and leaders, providing the most appropriate care, transparent pricing, and seamless experience for you to obtain professional and expert care.
At Homecare Hub, we build new models of home care to bring down the cost of care and combat depression, loneliness, neglect, and senior isolation. Rest easy, and have more time for yourself and your loved ones with Homecare Hub. Reach us at 1-888-227-3080 or www.homecarehub.com for more information.