Topic of the week: Body positive movement
Let's watch a Ted-talk speech on body positivity and check out some vocabulary.
Time code 00: 15
- Eating disorder - it's an abnormal eating habit that negatively affect a person's physical or mental health.
Time code 1:20
- Little tummy - stomach or belly
- Stretch marks - a form of scarring on the skin
Time code 1:45
- Body image - mental image of one’s own body
Time code 2:19
- Six pack abs - muscles on your belly
- Bulging muscles - curvy muscles
- Why is the speaker presenting all the stats in the beginning of her speech?
- What does she mean by saying "I've got a little tummy, I've got stretch marks"?
- What is the purpose of her speech? What is her message?
Submit your voice message to @EnglishTutorialBot before Saturday 9 p.m. (UTC +3).
Looking forward to your homework,