Global Occupant Sensing System (OSS) Market by Vehicle Types (Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle and Heavy Commercial Vehicle), Distribution Channels (Original Equipment Manufacturers and Local Suppliers), and Regions (Asia Pacific, Europe, North
The global occupant sensing system (OSS) market was valued at USD 2.58 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 8.78 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period, 2020 – 2026. Safety for occupants in a moving vehicle is a prime concern. Seatbelts and airbags are the two most necessary features installed in vehicles. Occupant sensing system is a sensor-based system that detects the presence of the occupants in the vehicle that is both the driver as well as the other passengers.
After detection, the OSS controls the deflation and inflation of airbags depending upon the scenario of vehicular accident. A sophisticated computer technology is used to control the deflation and inflation of airbags to eliminate the need for the occupant to manually control the airbags. The OSS, also called whiplash protection system are passive systems of a vehicle which gets activated during a whiplash event. It aids in restraining the occupants to avoid collision with the vehicle interior, absorbs the crash force as well as prevents items inside the vehicle from striking the driver or passengers. Get Free Sample Before Purchasing
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Stringent government regulations and norms and growing safety awareness among consumers, in turn, is driving the growth for the market.
- Advancement in technology by automobile industries to minimize number of accidents globally are some of the key trends driving the growth of the occupant sensing system (OSS) and thus fueling the growth of the market.
- Rise in transition of consumer towards effective passive sensing system from traditional seatbelts safety system, has fueled the need for occupant sensing system (OSS)
- Exuberant pricing of vehicles with the smart sensing system, is one the key restraint to the global occupant sensing system (OSS)
- Automobile manufacturers are involved in delivering smart artificial intelligence-based sensing system, is anticipated to offer growth opportunities in forecast period.
Read More: https://dataintelo.com/report/occupant-sensing-system-oss-market/