June 8, 2020
How To Host A Virtual Dinner Party?
At a time when the world is forced to stay indoors because of the growing pandemic around the world, it is quite bothersome and despairing to stay away from friends and family. At such times organizing a virtual dinner party seems to be a great idea – at least it provides a platform for everyone to come online together and share their meals, stories, and gossips virtually.
Keen to arrange a virtual lunch or dinner? Read on for tips on how to successfully arrange for one such virtual party.
- Prepare an e-invitee and use your social media account to send everyone the invitee.
- Get the RSVPs done using the group account on WhatsApp or Facebook.
- Choose the right platform for a group meeting. You have a plethora of choices here – do ensure that all the invitees are equally savvy with the chosen platform. If not, you might want to have a trial with the particular members before the actual date of the dinner.
- To personalize the event, you can choose to order flowers online. Not only order flowers to deck up your dining table but also send flowers to Lucknow and other cities to all the invitees so that there is a theme to the dinner party. It will also serve as a memento from the host, just like in a party in the real world.
- Since the physical presence is substituted by the virtual presence, you can have as many people join in the party, nationally and internationally. Make sure that when you pick an online florist to send flowers to Lucknow and different parts of the country and the world, it is the best one because you would not want your guests to receive inferior quality flowers. Flowers N Fruits is an online florist with an incredible reputation, especially in the context of high-quality floral species and the extremely professional standards of bouquet deliveries.
- If you wish to make it formal, then you could probably lead the discussion in deciding the menu for the party. Drinks, snacks, and the main course, everyone could come on-board, discuss and then the items could be decided. If you wish to keep it informal, then, as a host you could let everyone decide their own menu (after all, each of them needs to cook for their own family members).
- On the scheduled day of the dinner party, make sure that you are the first one to arrive at the virtual venue and make sure that everything is in order. This way, you can also welcome each guest as they join online.
- Keep the seating casual or formal depending upon the theme of the party.
- At the scheduled time, welcome everyone together and officially announce the start of the party.
- Raise the toast and then start the conversation so that being the host, you are in charge. You need to have icebreakers to avoid uncomfortable silences and also act as the moderator to keep the conversation focused on optimistic and happy future events.
- Have the snacks served with the drinks and then finally announce for the dinner to be served.