Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Introduction
- A mobile data terminal is a computerized device, mounted on transit devices or systems to communicate with a centralized control system. Mobile data terminals are mainly used in courier vehicles, commercial trucking fleets, and service trucks. It can also be used in warehouse inventory and military logistics management. Additionally, it is mounted on emergency vehicles such as ambulance and police vehicles to communicate with a central office.
- Mobile data terminals are equipped with advance technologies which provide information about geographic locations and displays a map on the devices on which they are mounted. Mobile data terminals provide real time tracking of vehicles and also gives real-time notifications, alerts, warnings, sirens etc. Moreover, mobile data terminals offer various advantages such as lower inventory and operating cost and increased operational efficiency.
- As mobile data terminals get upgraded, their features and applications also increase. Mobile data terminals can now provide the temperature status of the vehicle and send an alert message to the driver in case of an emergency. Moreover, mobile data terminals show the most fuel-efficient route to the driver, which helps them in reducing the transportation cost. Additionally, it avoids late delivery of the goods by displaying the shortest route to drivers; it also eliminates the risk of accidents in the sea. Mobile data terminal systems provide blue light control, ANPR (automatic number plate recognition), GPS tracking, and DVR (Digital Video Recording) features as well.
- Mobile data terminals are integrated with software, which helps transit agencies to operate more effectively with fast, reliable, vehicle location technology. The software runs on tablets, laptops, or smartphones and improves the efficiency and features of mobile data terminals. Software integrated mobile data terminals help in lowering fuel consumption by providing the shortest route path for transportation. Additionally, it monitors drivers, vehicles, and delivered goods in real-time to improve the overall efficiency of fleet management.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region in the global mobile data terminals (MDT) market due to developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The mobile data terminals (MDT) market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand due to technological advancements and high adoption of consumer electronic devices in the region.
Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Dynamics
Increasing applications of mobile data terminals
- With growing technological advancement, mobile terminals can be mounted on different devices and provide a wide range of applications in different industries. For instance, mobile data terminals can be used for fleet management, in-vehicle surveillance, warehouse management, and asset management. Mobile terminals are also used in freight industry and provide real time tracking and monitoring of goods. It also increases cargo safety and security for high-risk oil and chemical tankers. These developments are anticipated to boost the demand for mobile data terminals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High cost of deployment and integration issues with devices likely to hinder the growth of the market
- With growing number of devices, demand for mobile data terminal devices are increasing. However, the high cost of installation, maintenance, and support are affecting the growth of the market. Additionally, integration issues with personal devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops are also likely to hinder the growth of the mobile data terminals (MDT) market.
Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market – Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) Market
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Howen Technologies Co., Ltd.
- BVM Ltd
- MiTAC Digital Technology Corporation
- WiPath Communication LLC.
- Lexipol LLC
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report