Magnetic Sensing Chips: Introduction
- Magnetic sensor chips are semiconductors devices that uses magnetic principles to detect objects
- The chips are present in magnetic sensors to determine the position or speed of an object by using magnetic principles
- Magnetic sensing chips are classified in four technology: hall sensor, anisotropic magneto resistive (AMR) sensor, giant magneto resistive (GMR) sensor, and tunnel magneto resistive (TMR) sensor. Based on application requirement, magnetic sensing chip is selected
- Magnetic sensing chips are used in various end-use industry, such as automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, etc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Rise in Adoption of Magnetic Sensing Chips in Automotive Application
- Magnetic sensors consists of magnetic sensing chips to detect presence of an object using magnetic position sensor and magnetic speed sensor. In automotive application, antilock breaking system (ABS) technique is increasingly used owing to its capability to stop the vehicle without losing the control from ground
- In ABS technique, magnetic sensor is used, in which speed sensor IC is integrated with capacitor. When the break is applied on vehicle, magnetic sensor determine the speed of the vehicle and accordingly apply the break to stop the vehicle safely
- In automotive, a high sensitivity and low cost magnetic field sensing element based on giant magneto resistive (GMR) technology is used for linear position sensing and rotary applications
- Moreover, magnetic sensing chips are used in speedometers to determine the speed of vehicle. Owing to these safety features offered by magnetic sensor, a solid demand of magnetic sensing chips is observed in automotive industry, which is expected to drive the global magnetic sensing chips market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Increase in use of Magnetic Sensing Chips in Industrial Motors
- In industrial motor control, magnetic sensing chips are used that operates on Hall Effect, as Hall Effect switch ICs provide reliable solutions to contactless switching
- In industrial processes, popularity of brushless DC motor is more than brush-type DC motors owing to its high efficiency. In brushless DC motor, Latching Hall Effect sensors are used to measure motor’s position and provide high magnetic sensitivity for temperature ranging from -40 to 150 degree Celsius
- Hence, Increase in use of brushless DC motors in industrial processes across the globe is anticipated to fuel the demand for magnetic sensing chips
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global magnetic sensing chips market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global magnetic sensing chips market during the forecast period, owing to the growing demand for automotive and consumer electronics application in the region
- The magnetic sensing chips market in North America and Europe is expected to show significant growth. This market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period.