Whatever kind of wifi range extender or repeater it is, it requires regular updating. There are various kinds of mywifiext Netgear range extender that you can get in the market all according to your need. If you need a range extender for a small house you can get one with that range, coverage and speed. If you need one for bigger homes or offices you can get a Netgear nighthawk extender which creates a whole home mesh network. There are also extenders available for huge homes or office areas where you may need to use the extender as an access point.
Benefits of a Netgear Wifi Range Extender
The Netgear wifi range extenders offer a variety of features including high speed, FastLane technology, MU-MIMO technology, great HD video quality for streaming and gaming, fast browsing etc. The wifi range extender which is also known as a repeater boosts the range of your existing wifi network and expands it to areas where the wifi signals do not reach. Therefore there will be no dead zones in the house or office at any time with the help of the wifi range extender. The extender catches the wifi signal of your main router and retransmits it with the same wifi name but its own network to all the nook and corners of the house or office. This helps to give you full network in the garage area, pool area, lawn area or the basement.
The setup of the wifi range extender requires you to first place your extender near your main router. Then plug in the extender to a wall outlet and connect it with the computer via the Ethernet cables. Then check your internet connection if it is in working condition. Boot your extender and see that the green power LED is switched on. If it is not on then reboot your extender and check it again. See that the web browsers are updated as well. Now the extender is ready to be installed. You can see the steps to login and setup the extender below –
1. Connect the extender well and see all the connections
2. Open a browser and navigate on the address bar
3. Type the site address http://mywifiext.net
4. The login page will display
5. Fill the default credentials which are username – admin and password – password
6. Press login and you will be on the setup page where you can follow the instructions given and setup your extender without any issues
The WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) only need you to push the WPS button on the extender for few seconds and then press the WPS button on the router within two minutes. Then the extender and router will start to sync and the extender will auto configure in few minutes time. Then it will reboot and can be moved to a new location.
When you see that the extender is not getting configured properly, it might be due to a pending firmware update. You need to follow the steps below to do the firmware update –
1. Login to the mywifiext.net site with the default credentials or the changed credentials if you changed it
2. On the setup page you will see the extender menu. Click on it and go to the extender firmware update page
3. You might find this page in settings or maintenance option
4. Next click on check
5. You can update the firmware if any new updates availability are shown then