Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market: Introduction
- Increasing marine activities, including search for new sources of minerals, is driving the global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market. Scarcity of minerals in land mines across the globe has prompted search for new possible sites for mining under the seas. This, in turn, has boosted the demand for remote operated vehicles.
- A remotely operated vehicle (ROV) is a tethered underwater mobile vehicle. The construction and operation of an ROV is fundamentally different from that of other remote controlled vehicles operating on land or in the air. ROVs are unoccupied/ unmanned, highly maneuverable underwater, and are generally operated by a team from a ship.
Key drivers of global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market
- Regulations and standards implemented by government authorities and regulatory bodies are promoting the development of different class of remote operated vehicles that are suitable for specific underwater applications; subsequently, fueling the demand for remote operated vehicles and in turn propelling the global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market. For instance, the petroleum industry in Norway in conjunction with several other companies has developed NORSOK standards for ROVs. These standards are aimed at ensuring adequate safety, value addition, and cost effectiveness for petroleum industry developments and operations. Furthermore, these standards serve as a reference for other ROV-related regulations.
- Stringent regulations are demanding a reduction in air pollution caused by vehicle emissions in order to reduce carbon footprint and control climate change, which has led to the development of electrically powered remote operated vehicles. These developments are driving the global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market. For instance, Oceaneering International, Inc. has developed work class ROVs that utilize electric propulsion technology to reduce emission and marine environmental impact caused due to ROVs operating underwater.
- Scarcity of minerals, petrochemical products, and other natural resources that are used in diverse industries, including pharmaceutical, is compelling governments to increase marine activities in search of these products. All these operations need different class of remote operated vehicles, which in turn is boosting the demand for ROVs, and thereby propelling the global market. For instance, ROVs are classified from Class I to Class V and perform functions as per the vehicle class. These functions include observation, search and rescue, and heavy lifting.
Request A Sample Copy Of The Report https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=76087
North America to dominate global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market
- The research and development of remote operated vehicles is backed by major petrochemical companies based in North America. ROVs are utilized by oil & gas companies, mineral mining companies, and the defense industry in countries in North America.
- Government spending on military and defense services in the region is considerably high, as compared to that by other countries in other regions. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among ROV manufacturers in order attract land investment/ funding from the government. All these factors boost the remote operated vehicle (ROV) market in North America.
Key players operating in global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market:
The global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global remote operated vehicle (ROV) market are:
- ECA GROUP
- Fugro subsea Services Ltd.
- IKM Gruppen AS
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Oceaneering International Inc.
- Planys Technologies
- Saab Seaeye Ltd
- Sea Robotics
- Subsea 7
- Teledyne Technologies International Corp.
- The Whale Inc.
- Total Marine Technology
Request For Covid19 Impact Analysis https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=76087
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market: Research Scope
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market, by Class
- Class I ( Pure observation )
- Class II ( Observation with payload option )
- Class III ( Work class vehicles )
- Class IV ( Seabed-working vehicles )
- Class V ( Prototype or development vehicles )
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market, by Working Depth
- Shallow Water
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market, by Technology
- Vehicle Cameras and Lighting System
- Hydraulic Tool Control System
- Vehicle Control and Navigation System
- Tether Management System (TMS)
- Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS)
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market, by Application
- Heavy Lifting
- Search and Rescue
- Subsea Engineering Services
- Observation and Inspection ROVs
Global Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market