Graphene Nanocomposites Market: Overview
- Graphene nanocomposites are an amalgamation of graphene in polymer matrix. They are used in many industries such as aerospace, electronics, energy, structural and mechanical, environment, and food & beverage.
- The manufacturing process of graphene nanocomposites includes solution blending, melt mixing, and in-situ polymerization. With the addition of graphene into the polymer matrix, the nanocomposite offers higher conductivity, thus making it suitable for electrical applications. Addition of graphene improves strength, fracture toughness, and fatigue strength of the resulting nanocomposite.
Key Drivers of Graphene Nanocomposites Market
- Attributes of graphene such as high electron mobility, stiffness, and exceptional thermal conductivity have led to an increase in number of research & development activities across the globe. Also, graphene can be used in the nanocomposites field in research of various sectors. Rise in its applications is encouraging companies and governments of various nations across the globe to invest in graphene nanocomposites. Research is being carried out to synthesize graphene on a large scale in order to cater to the needs of various industries including the composite industry. The usage of graphene in the composite industry has been significantly transforming the global market for the production of graphene nanocomposite materials.
High Cost of Production and Lack of Awareness about Graphene Nanocomposites to Hamper Market
- High cost of material manufacturing and lack of availability of production techniques are expected to hamper the market in the near future. Additionally, high cost of technology and presence of patent protection are anticipated to adversely affect the global graphene nanocomposite market.
Electronic and Biomedical Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global graphene nanocomposites market can be divided into building & construction, electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, biomedical, and others
- Graphene nanocomposites is gaining momentum as a solvent in the electronics industry. It is used in photoresist formulations, which are used in the manufacture of chips in the semiconductor industry. Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the removal of solder flux, and cleaning and degreasing of circuit boards.
- Developments in technology and rise in research & development activities in the electronics industry are estimated to drive the graphene nanocomposites market in the near future. Properties of graphene nanocomposites such as higher carrier versatility, good electrical conductivity, and optical transmittance make them an ideal material for the manufacturing of electrodes. These electrodes are further used in the production of active solar cells, liquid crystal devices, field emission devices, and natural light radiating diodes. This is expected to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites during the forecast period.
- Graphene nanocomposites are also employed in the production of sensors, Li-Ion batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, packaging industry, among others
- Increase in aging population across the globe and rise in demand for personalized treatments are anticipated to drive the need for cost-effective drug delivery systems. Additionally, rise in frequency of chronic diseases, increase in cost of research & development, and growth in complexity of distribution systems are likely to increase cost burden across biomedical industry. As, graphene stands out as a major filling agent for composite applications due to its exceptional thermal, mechanical, and electronic properties. Thus, graphene nanocomposites is extensively used in biomedical applications such as gene delivery, nanomedicine, cancer therapy, and bio-sensing and bio-imaging, and GO-based antibacterial materials.
- Excellent electrochemical properties and high charge-carrier mobility in the energy sector are likely to drive the demand for graphene nanocomposites in ceramic-based nanocomposite applications
- In automotive and aerospace applications, graphene nanocomposites are extensively employed due to its ease of processing and high strength-to-weight ratio makes them an ideal material for the fabrication of automotive and aerospace body parts
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Graphene Nanocomposites Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Players in Graphene Nanocomposites Market
The global graphene nanocomposites market is at the nascent stage. Therefore, it is highly consolidated. Key players operating in the global graphene nanocomposites market include:
- Haydale Graphene Industries Plc
- Versarien Plc
- Applied Graphene Materials plc
- Taiwan Graphene Co., Ltd.
- NanoXplore Inc.
- Talga Resources Ltd
Request COVID-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=72749