Dielectric Fluid Market: Overview
- A dielectric fluid can be defined as a dielectric material in liquid state. Its key purpose is to prevent or rapidly quench electric discharges.
- Dielectric liquids are employed as electric insulators in high-voltage applications, for example, capacitors, transformers, high-voltage cables, and high-voltage switchgears
- Dielectric fluids are also used in different liquid-filled electric equipment to attain biodegradability, fire safety, oxygen stability, and high performance over a wide range of temperatures
- A dielectric fluid can be used in the wire electrical discharge machining (EDM) process, as it can act as a semiconductor placed between the energized wire and the work piece to maintain stable and controlled conditions for ionization in the spark gap
- A dielectric fluid performs several key functions in the EDM process. It cools heated surfaces of electrodes and exerts counter pressure onto the expanding plasma channel. Moreover, the fluid isolates the tool electrode from the work piece electrode for achieving high current density in the plasma channel.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Dielectric Fluid Market
- A major driving factor for the global dielectric fluid market is increasing use of transformers in various applications such as residential, commercial, and industrial. Moreover, in order to reduce short circuit and transmission losses during high-voltage transmission, liquid-immersed transformers are used. These transformers have mineral oil as an electric insulating medium.
- Rise in the demand for clean fuels and limited availability of naturally occurring uranium are expected to boost the demand for dielectric fluid across the globe
- Growth of the global aviation industry can also be considered a driver of the global dielectric fluid market, as dielectric fluid is used in the manufacture of several aerospace components
- Rising scope for use of dielectric fluid in the tool & die industry, the mold industry, regulators, hardware, and valves is expected to drive the global dielectric fluid market during the forecast period
- In the recent years, owing to several benefits of dielectric fluid such as low viscosity, rapid heat dissipation, high flash point, and oxidation resistance, the global market for dielectric fluid has expanded and the trend is anticipated to continue throughout the forecast period
Key Developments and Policies
- According to an article published in Automotive News Europe in October 2019, Shell had plans to introduce a hydrocarbon fluid
- In April 2018, Cargill presented its Envirotemp range of dielectric fluids at the 2018 IEEE PES T&D Expo. The Envirotemp FR3 fluid is a natural ester derived from renewable vegetable oils, which provides improved fire safety, long transformer life, and environmental benefits.
- In February 2017, Prolec GE developed VG-100 as a part of its efforts to expand its portfolio of eco-friendly products. VG-100 is a natural ester fluid made from soy seeds, which can be safely used in electric transformers. This patented dielectric fluid is 100% biodegradable, completely natural and non-toxic, and free from any additives or toxic compounds.
Request a COVID-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77247
Key Players in Global Ma Dielectric Fluid Market
Key players operating in the global dielectric fluid market are:
- 3M Company
- Cargill, Incorporated
- PROLEC GE
- M&I Materials Ltd.
- Repsol S.A.
- Shrieve Chemical Company