TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market: Introduction
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is a type of rubber vulcanization accelerators. It can activate the vulcanizing agent, which can speed up reaction between the vulcanizing agent and the rubber molecule. This can shorten the vulcanization time.
- Rubber accelerators can be classified into the following six types based on their chemical structure: sulfenamides, thiazoles, thiurams, guanidines, thioureas, and dithiocarbamates. TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) falls under the category of thiurams.
- TMTD acts as an ultra-accelerator and sulfur donor, which is suitable for the conventional curing. TMTD is widely used in rubber processing as an ultra-accelerator for low-temperature curing, either alone or as an activator of other accelerators along with them, primarily thiazoles.
- TMTD can be used to activate mercaptos and sulfenamides.
Growth of Global Automotive Rubber Sector to Drive Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- Demand for synthetic rubber has increased in industrial, automotive, and other applications that require high performance, due to its unique properties. The automotive industry is a major consumer of industrial rubber products, which are used in various, dynamic as well as static seals, belts, and hoses.
- Synthetic rubbers, such as nitrile butadiene rubber and polychloroprene, are widely used in the manufacture of timing belts for cars, owing to their good static and dynamic properties at operational temperatures and good retention properties under continuous exposure to heat
- Synthetic rubber compounds exhibit excellent mechanical properties and resistance to heat, oil, and fluids in several, demanding automotive applications
- Thus, the increasing demand for automotive rubber is likely to fuel the demand for TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Applications of TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide)
- In terms of application, the global TMTD market can be segmented into rubber production, plastics, lubricating oils, pesticides, and others. Out of these, rubber production is the dominant application segment. Tetramethylthiuram disulfide is primarily used as a rubber additive (accelerator, peptizing agent, or vulcanizing agent). TMTD is used in the production of synthetic as well as natural rubber. As for rubber applications, it is primarily used in the production of tires, inner tubes of tires, shoes, and cables.
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is also used as an additive in the manufacture of plastics and as an ingredient in pesticides, insecticides, agricultural disinfectants, antiseptic sprays, commercial and surgical soaps, wood preservatives, and lubricating oils
- TMTD can be used alone or in combination with other accelerators in applications such as mechanical goods, hoses, cables, seals, tires, conveyor belts, transparent goods, proofed textiles, latex goods, and ebonite
Key players operating in the global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market include:
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Western Reserve Chemical Corporation
- Nocil Limited
- TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited
Request COVID-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74983
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry @ https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/insulation-properties-reducing-carbon-emissions-fuelling-cyclopentane-market-transparency-market-research-869130349.html