Detergents Market: Key Highlights
- In terms of value, the global detergents market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% from 2019 to 2027
- Detergents are mixture of surfactants and other chemicals that possess high-quality cleansing properties in diluted solutions. Compounds such as alkyl benzene sulfonates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and sodium laureth sulfate are the primary constituents in detergents.
- Based on product, the anionic detergents segment accounted for a key share of the global detergents market in 2018. Anionic detergents contain anionic surfactants, which are cost effective and easy to manufacture. Thus, the less complex production process and cost effectiveness of anionic surfactants make anionic detergents highly attractive in the global detergents market.
- In terms of form, the powders segment dominated the global detergents market in 2018. High consumption of powder detergents in laundry care applications can be ascribed to the cost effectiveness of these detergents to other forms of detergents.
- In terms of value, the detergents market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, led by the growth in metal manufacturing and construction industries in the region
Rise in Demand for Laundry Detergents to Fuel Global Detergents Market
- Demand for detergents has been rising significantly in the laundry care application since the past few years. This can be ascribed to the growth in per capita consumption of detergents, primarily in developing countries across the globe.
- Establishment of FMCG distribution network, increase in sale of washing machines for domestic and commercial purposes, and rise in awareness about advanced products & their benefits among end users have augmented the adoption of laundry detergents in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil
- Demand for liquid laundry detergents and monodose laundry detergents has been increasing in North America and Europe due to their effective cleaning and ease of handling. This is anticipated to drive the demand for detergents across the globe.
Request a PDF Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74654
Health and Environment Related Concerns Regarding Usage of Synthetic Detergents to Pose Significant Challenges
- Health and environment related concerns, such as skin & eye irritation, regarding the usage of synthetic detergents due to chemical components of detergents have boosted the popularity of bio-based ingredients, primarily in personal care, household cleaners, and domestic laundry care applications of detergents
- Detergents are discharged into natural source of water through domestic and industrial wastewater. These detergents can hamper aquaculture and pollute the water extensively. Thus, governing bodies in North America and Europe are imposing stringent environmental regulations to curb the harmful effects of detergents by regulating the composition of various chemical-based ingredients. This is projected to hamper the global detergents market during the forecast period.
Request a COVID-19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74654
Detergents Market: Competition Landscape
- The global detergents market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of local and global players. The top five players held around 45% to 50% share of the global market in 2018.
- Key players operating in the global detergents market are Huntsman Corporation LLC, Solvay, Evonik Industries AG, BASF SE, Kao Corporation, Clariant AG, Croda International Plc, Tata Chemicals Ltd., Stepan Company, Oxiteno, Galaxy Surfactants Ltd., Lion Specialty Chemicals Co., Ltd., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, A K ChemTech Co. Ltd, LANXESS, Diversey, Inc., CID LINES N.V., Holchem Group Ltd., Christeyns NV, Ecolab Inc., Kersia Group, Virox technologies Inc., DeLava, Neogen Corporation, and Theseo Group