SGP Interlayer Films Market Analysis and Industry Outlook 2027
SGP Interlayer Films Market: Introduction
- SentryGlas Plus (SGP) is an ionic interlayer film. It is a high-performance interlayer that is widely used in various automotive, building & construction and photovoltaic applications.
- The interlayer film has a large shear modulus, so that the two glasses are bent as much as possible. This increases the bearing capacity and bending rigidity of the glass, thereby reducing the thickness and weight of the glass.
- When frameless, laminated glass applications are required externally. In balustrades & canopies, the SGP interlayer is a superior selection due to its ability to withstand weather conditions and resist moisture. The SGP interlayer film has excellent tear strength. At the same thickness, the SGP interlayer film provides a tear strength of 5 times that of PVB, and under the same load and thickness, the bending deflection of SGP laminated glass is one quarter of PVB. It has high bonding ability to glass and strong tear strength, which can prevent the glass from scattering when it breaks.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of SGP Interlayer Films Market
- SGP interlayer films exhibit extensive mechanical properties compared to their alternatives. At the same thickness, SGP interlayer bearing capacity is twice that of PVB under the same load and thickness, while the bending deflection of SGP laminated glass is one quarter of PVB. These exceptional properties of SGP interlayer films are expected to drive the SGP interlayer films market during the forecast period.
- Unlike others interlayer films, SGP does not turn into yellow color when exposed to sunlight. Their yellowing coefficient is less than 1.5. However, the yellowing coefficient of PVB interlayer film ranges from 6 to 12. Therefore, SGP interlayer films are considered suitable for ultra-white laminated glass, thus driving the demand for these films across the world.
SGP Interlayer Films Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global SGP interlayer films market can be segmented into automotive, building & construction, photovoltaic, and others
- The automotive segment is projected to account for major share of the global SGP interlayer films market during the forecast period. Growth of the building & construction segment is estimated to remain moderate during the forecast period. The segment is likely to account for significant share of the market by 2027.
- The photovoltaic segment is anticipated to expand at a healthy pace and create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for SGP interlayer films in other industrial applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global SGP Interlayer Films Market
- In terms of region, the global SGP interlayer films market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand constantly in the near future. It is anticipated to be followed by Europe. Driven by sales growth of SGP interlayer films across various end-users, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a sustainable pace during the forecast period.
- Demand for SGP interlayer films has been rising in countries in Asia such as China and India. This demand is fueled by rising capital investments in construction activities and setting up of large-scale infrastructure projects in the region. Furthermore, large-scale investment in the automotive sector projected to drive the demand for SGP interlayer films by 2027.
- The market in North America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global SGP interlayer films market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Shenbo Glass
- Huakai Plastic
- Dongguan Qun'an Plastic Industrial