Telemetry is the collection of data at remote or inaccessible locations and then data is automatically transmitted to a centralized location for monitoring. Telemetry is used for water networks. Water is a basic need for human beings and it needs to be treated before it is consumed or used in day to day life. This treatment process is done in various steps including coagulation and flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection. These processes are separately carried out at different locations and monitoring of these processes becomes difficult. This is resulting in increasing adoption of telemetry for water network, which is expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period. Moreover, water treatment is necessary when used water needs to be send back to water resources. This process is now becoming automated due to demanding quality, productivity, and environmental restrains for water recycling. The processes in telemetry for water networks include automatic meter reading (AMR), leak detection in pipelines, ground level monitoring, surveillance of equipment, and others. Telemetry for water network is divided into three parts, centralized control, links, and local control-monitoring.
The global telemetry for water networks market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period (2019-2027)
Market Dynamics- Drivers
The increasing development in software and its easy integration into network is expected to drive growth of the global telemetry for water networks market
Telemetry is a combination of various sensing devices and software to monitor and manage the system or process. Telemetry software is the most important part of telemetry systems. The software are used to communicate between the sensing devices and human operators. Telemetry companies are providing software that are easy to install and operate. These software does not require trained personnel for the operation of it. It can be used by a field engineer or technician with some extent of training. Furthermore, these software can easily be integrated with existing system, with some degree of change in hardware. These factors are increasing the adoption of telemetry for water networks, globally.
Europe region held a dominant position in the global telemetry for water networks market in 2018. However, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in global telemetry for water networks market driven by increasing adoption in countries such as India.
Figure 1. Global Telemetry for Water Networks Market Share (%), by Region (2018)
Source: Coherent Market Insights
High initial price for installation of telemetry system is expected to restrain growth of the global telemetry for water networks market over the forecast period
Although telemetry for water networks provide long term cost saving, initial cost of telemetry installation is high. The cost includes cost of various sensors, equipment, software, and primary expenses. Moreover, telemetry installation is a time consuming and labor intensive process. Also, installation of a new telemetry system may hamper the current working of plant and distribution system. These factors are expected to hamper growth of the global telemetry for water networks market over the forecast period.
An increasing number of natural disasters and adoption of telemetry devices to prevent these disasters are expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for players in the global telemetry for water networks market
The government bodies are deploying telemetry systems in all the rivers to collect and manage. These telemetry devices provide data such as water level, water flow, weather condition, water condition, and others. The data collected from telemetry will help the government bodies to make decision regarding flood condition and other disasters. For instance, Environment Agency (EA), the U.K.’s government body, installed 5,500 telemetry outstations, ranging from simple river gauge to complex control structure and pumping stations. These systems can be integrated with flood information systems, which would help the Environmental Agency to take decisions to prevent potential flooding condition.
The increasing investments in solar products for telemetry for water network system is a major trend in the market
Various companies are investing in solar devices to power the telemetry systems. Latest telemetry systems are more efficient and require relatively small amount of power to record and transmit data. These systems are standalone systems, which can be used in remote areas. For instance, In-Situ Inc., a U.S.-based environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring equipment company, provides Cube 300S Telemetry System, which can be used for well water detection and monitoring, and can work as a standalone system.
Key Takeaways –
- North America is expected to account for the largest market share in the global telemetry for water networks market, owing to presence of prominent market players such as Scadata Inc., Lindsay Corporation, In-Situ Inc., Dfa-Inc., Silver Bullet Water Treatment Company, LLC, Watch Technologies, Propump And Controls, Inc., Xylem Inc., Eureka Water Probes, High Tide Technologies, and others in the region
- Moreover, Europe is expected to witness significant growth in the market, owing to increasing installation of telemetry for water networks in the region
Key companies operating in the global telemetry for water networks market include Schneider Electric SE, Construserv Group, QLD Windmill and Solar, Lindsay Corporation, In-Situ Inc., Dfa-Inc., Silver Bullet Water Treatment Company, LLC. Watch Technologies, Powelectrics, PROPUMP AND CONTROLS, INC., Xylem Inc., Gussmann Technologies, Electrosense Technologies Pty. Ltd, Eureka Water Probe, High Tide Technologies, D?r Cymru Cyf, OTT Hydromet GmbH, LACROIX Sofrel, VAE CONTROLS, HWM-Water Ltd., Oriel Systems Limited, and others.
These market players are focusing on collaborations to launch new products and meet the increasing needs and requirements of consumers.
- Key companies in the market are focused on partnerships, in order to gain competitive edge in the global market. For instance, in September 2016, Construserv Group, a Brazil-based company, entered into a strategic partnership with the Government of Brazil. Construserv Group implemented telemetry projects across Brazil. In this project, the company used satellites to better acquire data from remote water monitoring stations near waterways. This data was then transmitted to remote server using satellite. Key data includes recorded rainfall, water levels, flow rate, and others.
- Key manufacturers are focused on product launches, in order to enhance their product portfolio. For instance, in March 2018, In-Situ Inc., a U.S.-based environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring equipment company, launched The Aqua TROLL 500. Aqua TROLL 500 is a wireless, cost-effective monitoring device that is capable of monitoring the water surface data and sending it to the telemetry system.
Request the sample copy of here:
Download the PDF Brochure here:
Buy now the market research report here:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions.
What we provide:
- Customized Market Research Services
- Industry Analysis Services
- Business Consulting Services
- Market Intelligence Services
- Long term Engagement Model
- Country Specific Analysis
Coherent Market Insights Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 1001 4th ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
Email: [email protected]