Nausea is common among children and pregnant women. Few common indications of nausea are motion sickness, seasickness, medication, and chemotherapy.
The global Nausea Medicine Market Trends set to expand at CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period (2017-2023), rep0orts Market Research Future (MRFR). Nausea is a kind of stomach distress with involuntary urge to vomit due to a number of factors, such as stomach upset or gastric ulcers.
There has been an increase in gastrointestinal diseases such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and viral gastroenteritis, which are mainly responsible for nausea. This increase is bound to propel the market growth in coming years as well. Moreover, availability of a wide range of treatment for nausea is envisaged to fuel the market growth. Apart from this, changing lifestyle with shift in dietary habits has brought about a positive influence on the market size.
· ANI Pharmaceutical
· Merck & C
· F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Although the market is treading on a positive growth path, it will encounter some restraining factors. These are namely high preference for home remedies, particularly in emerging regions. Ingredients like ginger, lemon, garlic and such food items give tough competition to the conventional form of treatment.
However, it is also observed that these home remedies are temporary solutions, without healing completely. Thus, the market for nausea medicine will remain unaffected, as stated by industry experts.
· The global nausea medicine market is segmented into type, mode of administration, indication and end user.
· By type, the market is segmented on the basis of antacids, antagonists, anti-anxiety drugs, steroids, cannabinoids and others. Antacids are sub-segmented into serotonin (5-HT3) antagonists, NK-1 antagonists and dopamine antagonists.
· Based on mode of administration, the market is segmented into intravenous therapy (IVs), tablets and others. The tablets segment is surging at a swift growth rate as nausea tablets are easier to take and are more convenient to consume.
· By indication, the market is segmented into gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), viral gastroenteritis, motion sickness and seasickness, medication, chemotherapy, and others. With increasing number of patients experiencing nausea associated with chemotherapeutic drug use, the segment of chemotherapy-induced nausea is growing at an exceptional rate.
· Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical companies and others.
The Americas claims the largest market for nausea medicine on account of rising prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases such as GERD. Also, the prevalence of nausea is increasing among school-going children, further pushing the market growth upward. Prevalence of viral gastroenteritis is growing in the United States (U.S), particularly among the pediatric population. Furthermore, the prevalence of acute gastrointestinal diseases is found to be high in Canada, which has been instrumental in the market expansion in the region as well.
Europe has secured the second largest market for nausea medicine due to the high prevalence of nausea and vomiting among pregnant women, the population of which is increasing consistently in the region. In addition, there is a massive demand for the diagnosis and treatment of nausea, especially among pregnant women which will fuel the market growth in Europe. There is also prevalence of chemotherapy-induced nausea in the region which is increasing steadily. This factor will play a stellar role in increasing the demand for nausea medicine in the region in the foreseeable future.
The APAC market is projected to grow at the fastest rate on the back of changing lifestyle and growing geriatric population. Also, increasing cases of viral gastritis and gastric ulcer in the region has spurred the demand for nausea medicines in the region.
Lastly, the Middle East & Africa have exhibited a steady rise in the market, which can be attributed to rising prevalence of chemotherapy-induced nausea.
NOTE : Our team of researchers are studying Covid19 and its impact on various industry verticals and wherever required we will be considering covid19 footprints for a better analysis of markets and industries. Cordially get in touch for more details.