Pine Resin Market, by Product Type (Hard Resins, Oleoresins, Gum Resins, and Fossilized Resins), by Application (Adhesives & Sealants, Coatings, Printing Inks, Lubricity Additives, Paper Sizing, Rubber, Soaps & Detergents, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Global Industry Insights, Trends, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2019-2027
Resin is a hydrocarbon-rich solid or fluid with high viscosity, which is derived from the sap discharge by trees. It is insoluble in water and can be derived from trees, such as pine tree. Pine resin finds its applications in adhesive industry, paper and pulp industry, and printing ink industry. Pine trees grow predominantly in northern hemispherical regions of North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Europe.
· The surge in growth of pine chemicals industry in the recent past years, fueled the growth of pine resin market. For instance, according to the Pine Chemicals Association, in 2015, the total global revenues from the pine chemical industry was valued at US$ 10 billion, where North America held a dominant position by accounting for 35% of the total market share
· There is a high competition within the pine resin market, owing to high presence of local and international players in the market. The leading players are now focusing on expanding their market presence by implementing efficient supply chain management and strengthening their online market. For instance, in March 2018, Ingevity Corp., a U.S.-based chemical provider acquired the pine chemicals business of Georgia-Pacific, a global leader in manufacturing of pulp, tissue, packaging related chemicals, with an aim to lower the logistics and procurement costs involved the business.
· The market is expected to witness significant growth, which is attributed to increasing requirement for organic chemicals in different industries such as paper & pulp, paints & coatings and sealants. Stringent government regulations against the use of carbon emitting products has driven industries involved in paper & pulp, printing inks, paints & coatings and adhesives & sealants to use resins derived from pine tree as they are eco-friendly and helps in the reduction of carbon emission in the environment. For instance, according to the Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)’s report in Sept 2019, the paper and pulp industry consumes around 6% of the total industrial energy used in the world and also accounts for about 2% of total industrial carbon emissions of the world.
· Asia Pacific is expected to be fastest growing region pine resin market. The abundance of manpower for resin tapping process and use of biotechnology in pine cultivation has led to an improvement in forest management techniques and development of new tapping technology in the region. The hybrid pine trees, which are result of genetic engineering, has helped in increasing the oleoresin production and its output rate from the trees. For instance, according to the Pine Chemicals Association, in 2015, China emerged as the largest producer of oleoresins in the world and accounted a revenue of US$ 2.5 billion from pine chemicals.
· Players operating in the pine resin market are encouraging use of pine resins as an alternative to the synthetic polymer resins. For instance, in 2018, Baril Coatings, a U.S.-based developer of sustainable paints and coatings, entered into partnership with DSM, a Netherland-based firm, which provides eco-friendly solutions, to develop sustainable paints from pine resins. Furthermore, in 2015, Kraton Performance Polymers, a Houston-based company specializes in production of Styrenic block copolymers (SBCs) and engineered polymers, acquired Arizona Chemical, one of the leading producers of pine chemicals to particularly increase its market presence in in markets adhesives, coatings, and construction industry.
Key players operating in the global pine resin market include Resin Chemicals Co., Ltd., Wuzhou Pine Chemicals, Foreverest Resources Ltd., Celulose Irani, CV. Indonesia Pinus, Jinggu Forest Chemical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Hualin Chemical Co. Ltd, and Guilin Songquan Forest Chemical Co.
On the basis of product type, the global pine resin market is segmented into:
· Hard Resins
· Gum Resins
· Fossilized Resins
On the basis of application, the global pine resin market is segmented into:
· Adhesives & Sealants
· Printing Inks
· Lubricity Additives
· Paper Sizing
· Soaps & Detergents
On the basis of region, the global pine resin market is segmented into:
· North America
· Latin America
o Rest of Latin America
· Asia Pacific
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
o Rest of the Europe
· Middle East
o Rest of Middle East
o North Africa
o Central Africa
o South Africa
Request sample report here:
Download PDF brochure here:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions.
What we provide:
- Customized market research service
- Industry analysis services
- Business consulting services
- Market intelligence services
- Long term engagement model
- Country specific analysis
Coherent Market Insights Pvt. Ltd.
Address: Coherent Market Insights 1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.