Welcome to The Hoard Season 2 of Clan V Clan League!
Below you can find our rules to prevent hacking, IGN rules, Q/A section and rules for those who want to spectate some of the matches. Make sure all of your team members know the rules to prevent delays and punishments during the games.
This guide is divided into sections, all in order:
- Tournament hacking policy
- Tournament ban policy
- Q/A section regarding hacking and prohibited software
- IGN rules
- Rules for spectators
TOURNAMENT HACKING POLICY
This is our policy regarding hackers and whoever wants to get any unfair advantage ingame.
1. If you are a Windows 10 player, you are allowed to use the default Minecraft application to play. You are NOT allowed to use any third-party launchers, e.g. "ZKevin Launcher".
2. If you are a Console player, you will need to confirm that by taking a photo (NOT a screenshot) of your screen in case of a screenshare.
3. You are NOT allowed to use any client modifications (cheats) to get advantage ingame. E.g. "Horion Client", "Health Indicator Pack", "Autoclicker" and any others that gives you advantage during the Treasure Wars matches. If you have any of these installed now: delete them NO LATER THEN 1 WEEK BEFORE the tournament.
4. You are NOT allowed to use any texture-packs, that give any unfair advantage. Make sure to switch to the normal texture-pack NO LATER THEN 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game. Any pack is okay, unless it gives unfair advantage, e.g. "X-Ray".
5. You are NOT allowed to use macros or any macro-software for your mouse or keyboard. This includes: SteelSeries Engine, Razer Synapse, Glorious Software etc. If you have this software installed, please make sure to turn it off (remove from Windows startup and don't open) NO LATER THEN 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game.
6. You are NOT allowed to use macros, written on your mouse memory, e.g. SteelSeries Rival 600. If you have a mouse with onboard memory, and you have macros installed now - make sure to remove them NO LATER THEN 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game. Also keep in mind that you might be asked to do a "mouse-cam" video confirmation of your mouse not having any macros on, pressing all buttons one by one.
7. You are NOT allowed to switch between different mice/keyboards during a match. Please make sure you plugged in the desired mouse/keyboard NO LATER THEN 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game.
8. You are NOT allowed to use any VPNs during your team's game. Make sure to turn your VPN off and exclude it from Windows startup NO LATER THEN 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game.
9. You are NOT allowed to use "small" skins, which includes any skins that are smaller then the default player model.
10. Double-clicking is NOT allowed. Regular butterfly-clicking is allowed.
11. Make sure to install AnyDesk software before the tournament and be ready to open it if the referee asks you to. Make sure you know how to open this software, and how to give your ID before the tournament - you will have only 1 minute to provide a referee with a code.
12. If you are suspected in cheating, you will be moved to a separate voice-chat, and a screenshare procedure will be started. You will have 1 minute to provide a referee with your AnyDesk ID and 30 seconds to accept the connection.
13. If you are about to get screenshared: keep the game opened, and turn on your AnyDesk. DO NOT open any other software/folders (e.g. Recycle Bin, Macro Software, Device Settings), and DO NOT delete/modify any files.
BREAKING ANY OF THE ABOVE-LISTED RULES WILL RESULT IN YOUR TEAM GETTING DISQUALIFIED FROM THE CURRENT SEASON.
If the hacking evidence is being confirmed during a screenshare check, your team is getting disqualified from the current season. The hacker will be banned from entering the next season as well. If you are a leader of a clan that has multiple teams registered, remember:
1. First confirmed hacker on any of your teams will disqualify that team from the current season.
2. Second confirmed hacker on any of your teams will disqualify YOUR WHOLE CLAN from the current season.
2. Refusing to being screenshared/turning off your PC/using any other excuses is considered as a way to hide cheats, and you will be immediately treated like a CONFIRMED CHEATER.
Q: Turn off this, turn off that... What do I have to turn off/remove and when to make sure I'm not getting banned?
A: Here is the simple list:
- Client modifications (cheats): no later then 1 WEEK BEFORE the tournament
- Texture-packs, that give any unfair advantage: no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game
- Macros or any macro-software: no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game
- Macros, written on your mouse memory: no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game
- Any VPNs: no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game
- Also make sure to plug in desired mouse/keyboard: no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game
Q: I don't know how to use AnyDesk/it crashes my PC, what should I do?
A: Make sure you tried to launch AnyDesk at least once before the tournament, so you know where to get the code. Remember: you will only have 1 minute. If you are experiencing any problems with AnyDesk - contact the tournament admin BEFORE the tournament and we will help you out.
Q: Is double-clicking allowed?
A: Double-clicking is NOT allowed.
Q: My mouse/keyboard doesn't work without the firmware launched. Should I keep it open?
A: 99% of all mice and keyboards work perfectly without the firmware launched. Maybe the color-sync/LED illumination will not work - but all necessary functions will keep working. Make sure to close/turn off your mouse software no later then 1 DAY BEFORE your team's game!
Q: Can I use "X" texture-pack, or "X" client-modification?
A: If you are not sure - ask in #questions or contact a tournament admin.
Q: Am I allowed to use text macros for ingame communication? I can't talk in the voice-chat, so I want to be able to quickly paste text into my chat, for example: "Incoming from the left", "Need support at middle", etc.
A: You have 2 options here: the software we allow for this activity by default is QuickTextPaste. It's a small, easy-to-use Windows app, that allows you to bind multiple keys for a variety of messages. If you want to use any other software: LET US KNOW BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS, so we can check this software for any ways to misuse it. But remember: you are NOT allowed to use any mouse/keyboard firmware for this purpose, like SteelSeries Engine, Razer Synapse, Glorious Software etc. (rule #5). Another option is to write a few desired messages in the chat before the game starts, and then use the arrows to quickly find these messages and resend them when needed.
Q: I have to use the VPN because otherwise Minecraft/Discord doesn't work. Can I use it?
A: Please contact the tournament admins and explain your problem BEFORE the tournaments starts - and we will help you out. Using the VPN and failing to notify the admins in advance will result in punishments (rule #8).
Firstly, we are playing on The Hive server. Make sure to read and follow all the rules of The Hive server during the tournament.
Secondly, we use the strikes system ingame as punishments for minor violations. Make sure to read the rules below to avoid strikes. If your team gets 3 strikes during the match (for example, 1 in the first round, and 2 in a third round), it loses the whole match.
1. Every game will be closely watched by tournament referees. Listen carefully to all the referee's instructions. Referees have the right to stop the game at any time in case of violations, including suspicion of the use of cheats by one of the players. If the game is being stopped, referees will announce that in the text and voice-chats. Don't leave the game, don't move and don't fight during a game-freeze.
2. Glitching of any kind on any maps is NOT allowed. This includes:
- trying to build above the height limit: 1 strike for each evidence
- trying to glitch into some buildings for any reason: 1 strike for each evidence
- trying to "treasure-nuke" (breaking the treasure without looking at it): results in a round loss for your team
- keeping arrows in the "off-hand" slot: 1 strike for each evidence
- the so-called "shop-glitch" is not allowed: 1 strike for each evidence
3. Ghosting is not allowed. If you died and the treasure is gone - you will be server-muted by a referee. If you want - you can also move to the spectators voice-chat to avoid any confusions. Referees will be looking for violators. Breaking this rule will result in 1 strike for each evidence.
4. Any toxicity in the ingame chat is NOT allowed. This will result in 1 strike for each evidence.
5. At 5-minute mark both teams have to go to the middle island for a final death-match. This will be always announced by a game-host. Read more in #match-step-by-step. Failing to come to the middle by that point, or creating any delays, will result in 1 strike for each evidence.
6. Only 1 archer per team is allowed. This means only 1 person can buy a bow and use it - this person has to be decided before the game starts, and written in the chat. Make sure to protect your archer at any cost - if he dies, other players on your team are NOT allowed to use a bow. Other players can have bows and arrows in their inventories, but are NOT allowed to use them and/or hold them in hand. Violating this rule will result in 1 strike for each evidence.
7. If you crash during the loading-screen, or earlier then 2 minutes after the game starts, the round will be restarted. Make sure to notify referees that your game has crashed - you only have time till the game-timer crosses 23:00 mark! Otherwise your team will be forced to play a round in minority.
8. Your team's line-up has to be decided before the match starts. You are NOT allowed to replace any players between the rounds.
9. Only 4 players are allowed to be in the team’s voice-chat during the match. If someone dies and the treasure is gone, they will be server-muted by a referee. Then you can either move to the spectator’s voice chat, or stay in the team’s voice-chat muted. Having more than 4 players in the team’s voice-chat is NOT allowed.
10. Both playing teams have to join their voice-chats 10 minutes before the match starts. If your match is scheduled for 1:30 PM - make sure to bring all your team members in the voice-chat by 1:20 PM.
RULES FOR SPECTATORS
Before the match begins, 2 parties are being set: players party, and spectators party. Spectators party is being created either by a game-host, or a referee. Spectators will be picked from the spectators voice-chat on Discord. Make sure to read the rules below, if you are planning to spectate some of the matches.
1. After the match starts, spectators have to leave the game and rejoin as the actual spectators. Spectators are NOT allowed to stay in the game as players. Breaking this rule will result in being kicked from the spectators party.
2. Being toxic in the ingame chat is NOT allowed for spectators. This will result in being kicked from the spectators party and getting muted in the voice-chat.
3. Ghosting is NOT allowed for spectators supporting any of the teams. Ghosting/writing any ingame-related information in the ingame chat, will result in being kicked from the spectators party and getting muted in the voice-chat.
4. If you leave the spectators party during the match (for any reason, including game crashes), you automatically lose your spot, and another spectator will be invited.
5. Disrespectful behavior in the voice-chat will result in getting kicked from the spectators party and getting muted in the voice-chat.