Global Single-walled Global Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market: Key Highlights
- The global single-walled carbon nanotube market was valued at ~US$ 130 Mn in 2018, and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~52%.
- Increase in the demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes as an EMI-shielding material is one of the major factors driving the global single-walled carbon nanotube market.
- Asia Pacific accounted for a significant share, in terms of consumption, of the single-walled carbon nanotube market.
For More Information, Request Sample:
Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Market: Key Drivers
- Increase in the demand for EMI-shielding materials for use in applications such as personal computers and mobile communication housings, GPS devices, aerospace components, etc., is likely to enhance the demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes.
- Composites made using single-walled carbon nanotubes functioning as a filler and a suitable polymer, as matrix can effectively prevent the passage of electromagnetic radiation into electronic devices and protect them from damage.
- The EMI shielding of an electronic device reduces the coupling of radio waves, electromagnetic, and electrostatic fields. Common applications where single-walled carbon nanotubes are used as EMI-shielding materials include computing, telecommunications, automotive, consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, medical, etc.
- Technological advancements in the medical and aerospace & defense sectors are anticipated to drive the demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes as EMI-shield materials.
- The emergence of battery storage systems such as lead acid, lithium-ion, sodium ion, and flow batteries has fueled the expansion of the SWCNT market. Single-walled carbon nanotubes are preferred in battery storage applications, as they offer superior conductivity at ultra-low concentrations, thus allowing the amount of active material in the battery electrode to be at a higher concentration.
- Most advanced batteries face the issue of dendrite formation. However, with the introduction of single-walled carbon nanotubes, the risk of dendrite formation can be reduced.
For More Information, Request Brochure : https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=73935
- The rising demand for energy in countries such as China and India is anticipated to expand the energy storage industry, and consequently, the demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes for energy storage applications.
- Renewable energy policies initiated by various governments and advancements in electric vehicle production in emerging economies are likely to enhance the demand for single-walled carbon nanotubes for energy storage applications.