Stainless Steel Forgings Market: Overview
- Stainless steel is an alloy of iron that contains a minimum of 10.5% chromium. Various grades of stainless steel are commonly used to manufacturing components using the forging manufacturing process, as it enhances the existing qualities of stainless steel.
- The forging process also improves the strength and corrosion resistance of stainless steel, enabling it to outlast and withstand extreme environments. Forging can also impart a higher strength to weight ratio. Forging improves the mechanical properties of stainless steel.
Cold/hot forged products segment to lead the market
- Cold/hot forged products dominated the global stainless steel forgings market. The castings segment is anticipated to expand at rapid pace during the forecast period. Sintered products possess properties such as electrical conductivity, translucency, and thermal conductivity.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Stainless Steel Forgings Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of stainless steel forgings market
- High recyclability offered by stainless steel is likely to drive the stainless steel forgings market. Increasing demand of the stainless steel forgings in industrial and aviation sectors is offering significant opportunity to stainless steel forging manufacturers.
- Demand for stainless steel forgings is increasing in the industrial segment due to its strength and resistance to wear and tear. The automotive segment is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to the rising demand for lightweight forged products with enhanced wear and tear resistance.
- Stainless steel forgings are widely utilized in the aviation sector to manufacture bulkheads, wing roots, spars, hinges, engine mounts, brackets, beams, shafts, landing gear cylinders and struts, wheels, brake carriers, discs, and arresting hooks.
- Rising demand for lightweight forged products, developing automotive manufacturing activities, growing demand for commissioned products, and enhancing the use of stainless steel in various end use application is likely to drive the global stainless steel forgings market during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the construction industry, increasing regime expenditure, and advanced features such as excellent inherent forge ability, higher ductility, cryogenic toughness, lower maintenance, and heat resistance are major factors that are anticipated to propel the global market for the stainless steel forgings.
- Stainless steel forgings market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to favorable properties of stainless steel forgings such as high strength, reliability, wear & tear resistance, product versatility, economy viability, and high corrosion resistance.