Hi, everybody. If you have opened this article, then you are interested in properly configuring Google Camera modification.
PLEASE TO AVOID PROBLEMS READ ALL CONTAINED INFORMATION. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU CAN CONTACT THE AUTHOR VIA THE LINK AT THE END.
For correct and smooth operation of Google Camera is recommended to install a custom clean firmware Android. The author of the article, the tester and the administrator - topgusich and the author of the modification - InnocentParrot, after a long use of the MIUI shell ( you may have another ), recommend using custom firmware. On the shell can be observed brakes, lags and departures. For poor optimization of MIUI developers, the administration of InnocentParrot Mod is not responsible.
The author recommends custom crDroid. In order to avoid inconsistencies in settings, bugs, refocus, etc. before you install GCam and after CLEAN the CACHE of the APPLICATION. Settings - Apps - Camera - Clear data ( Storage - Clear storage ).
====== 1. Camera version =====
Administration and the testers, it was determined that the best range, quality, sharpness, and shade are sent the current version 6.3. Compared to 6.1 and 6.2, some work has been done to achieve the desired result, which was not achievable in previous versions.
= = = = = = 2. General setting=====
Purely my subjective recommendation, each setting has a description, you can customize yourself.
Can also disable the Google Lens, set of Gestures, include Mesh, sound, and geotags in Game.
Go to ADVANCED SETTINGS.
Enable the following settings:
• Dirty lens - it will notify you on what is needed to wipe the lens if it is dirty.
• Management HDR+ - enables management of HDR+ (exit settings - camera - top icon appears HDR+ - advanced HDR+)
• Hide the icon of the movement - to hide the icon corresponding to the function (more on that below)
• Efficient compression algorithm - saves space without loss of quality.
• Google Photos - allows you to work with additional photo functionality (read below).
• The movement - something on the similarity of gifs. Sort of the RAM, the devices can freesite 3/32. If you include - only works in Google Photos.
• Focus tracking - tracking the focus on an object. When the shell MIUI minimal device - 4/64. In most cases cut off, there, see for yourself. I do not see the point in setting up, as it works only in photo mode, and if the hands are not swaying in the wind, then I do not see the point in tracking the focus.
If you have a Google Camera, then take care of installing Google Photos.
Google Photos allows you to sync photos and videos to the cloud, send files to the trash, which can be restored up to two months(then deleted themselves) and make collages of your photos directly in the gallery.
Only through the included function and the Google Photo itself, you can view all the panoramas you made(photosphere (photo in 360), horizontal panorama, fisheye, etc.), the movement function also works only through Google photos.
• Google Photos also lets you work with photo details, focus, and blur when you take a photo in Portrait or Blur mode.
Cropping, filters by itself is, however, it is worth noting that there are no brushes, frames, stickers and other pribludy for "makeup" photos.
Separately, I note that in this application, you can stabilize the video directly through the settings, if required.
Shooting in RAW
Shooting in RAW format ( Raw + JPEG mode Control function ) will allow you to achieve a photo with the maximum of its details, lights, shadows and gamma for its subsequent processing. Photo, as it is, without software processing. Useful for anyone who processes photos in Lightroom and Photoshop. It is recommended to enable DNR "RAW" compression to this functionality, as files .dng weigh a lot, and space to save will not be superfluous. The quality will not be affected.
In the camera itself, in the viewfinder, on top of the panel will be the choice of shooting: just JPEG or RAW+JPEG. In the second case, besides the simple HDR to JPEG, another photo will be saved in .dng format - RAW.
Location of raw files on the device:
The rest is all on your preference.
= = = = = = 3. Auto white Balance and Library ====
• Auto white Balance - averaging functionality in color neutrality. Without blue, yellow and other priblud gamma.
• Library - a binary file that sets the color scheme, detail and noise reduction settings.
At the time of editing the article in the Google Camera mod from InnocentParrot set the best white balance and adjusted to the ideal stock Google library.
That is, nothing to configure here is not necessary. All already exposed for You, namely:
• AWB - Pixel 2.
The best option is Pixel 2. Pixel 2 transmits the correct colors, not blue like Pixel 2XL and not yellow like Pixel 3a XL.
• Google stock library.
Libraries that are currently available for use:
Stock Google - the official library from Google. Good detail, corrected drawdowns in shadows and natural colors. Set by default as recommended.
sRGB B2 Sharp V1.0 - custom community library. In fact, it is no different from the drain. Focused on sharpness.
TInNeun Sharp V1.0 - custom community library. Library focused on sharpness and detail. Copes with its task, good shadows, colors, but greatly increase the noise when approaching the picture.
Sample stock photos library (AWB: Pixel 2) from Google:
= = = = = 4. HDR settings+ =====
JPEG quality - Set to 100%.
HDR+ quality - set the value 13. There's no point.
Judging by the quality standards (Average, High, Very high, Ultra), :
The average is 3.
High - 5.
Very high - 9.
Ultra - 13.
For example, let's compare 2 shots in Extended HDR+. The first frame will be with the number of frames - 3, and the second - 13. As you can see, the difference is noticeable.
If you have MIUI firmware and device 3/32 - put 5 or 9. Depending on how many times you press the trigger, depending on the load. If I do one pressing the shutter button once in 5 or 6 seconds, may and 13(some mod - 12) to deliver. With frequent pressing of the shutter will freeze,fly or worse - deleted photos. Optimization does not export.
We InnocentParrot, sitting on a pure Android device(3/32), the number of frames - 13, the Frisians were not observed. Pure Android is more optimized for Google Camera than the shell, but it is, the retreat will not deviate more.
You can play with these settings:
• Auto exposure - shutter speed, ISO, exposure time of the photo. The higher the value, the more the photo will be exposed. ISO itself can be chewed in simple words: the greater the value, the more light will pass through the lens, and the photo - noisier. If you do not understand how and what it is eaten, it is better not to touch.
• Exposure - light parameter. The higher it is, the brighter the picture will be. It is recommended to set the value -0.4. In dark areas and shadows there is more information about the photo and more dynamic range. It is always easier to highlight a photo than to remove overexposure. Now in any service and social network there is a parameter of exposure compensation, if you do not have such, for example, in the gallery.
• Saturation - the corresponding parameter, which will be manifested in light and dark areas. That is, if the photo comes out dark, you should pay attention to increasing the exposure or increasing the saturation parameter in the dark areas.
I did not touch the auto exposure settings, basic settings and saturation.
You can leave the night footage as it is. HDR+ frames - default 13. Tips and other settings can be set for themselves, except that if you use the shutter speed, then turn on the slider auto exposure Correction:
The skin Improvement feature in the Google Camera port WORKS.
= = = = = 5. Other settings =====
Quick settings - the main settings screen will pop up frequently changing settings.
Disable slow mode - if slow-mo does not work, then disable it.
UHD 4K in "Acceleration" mode - may not work on some devices.
Optical stabilization (OIS) - on a device with an optical stabilizer will work, otherwise - no, even friezes are possible.
Manual focus - helps when you need to macro an object close up if autofocus can't do it.
Clearly: Autofocus focused on the ground, manually able to adjust to the desired angle.
The rest of the settings on the similarity of the viewfinder format and RAW format should not be touched.
= = = = = = 6. Video=====
There is nothing special to say, everyone will choose the quality for themselves. I can only note that it is best to put an automatic bitrate to avoid embarrassment.
The only thing worth noting is that when we go into "Video" mode, we do not find the switch 30/60 FPS. If your device does not support stabilization at 60 FPS, it will not. The author's insight reached such a peak that, based on the fact that the settings have a choice of quality, where there is 30/60 FPS, then trying to disable video Stabilization and return to video mode, I found that our cherished 60 FPS work. That's what Google does in version 6.3.
Stabilization = 30 FPS, without = 60 FPS.
That's how it turns out that if you need stabilization - include, although I do not know why, because 60 FPS is more pleasant to the eye, and you can stabilize the video in Google Photo.
Playground is a new mode in GCam that allows you to add stickers to the ar frame. Make your photos and videos live with Playmoji, characters that react to you and each other. Add stickers that will enliven the world around you, or funny inscriptions that emphasize what is happening.
Turn the Playground into a pokemon battle arena, or an Imperial fortress. This application will help you to Express yourself and bring your story to life in the photo.
Playground requires the latest version of ARCore.
More information about the installation can be found on the website 4pda - *click* (the text is clickable and to download content you need to be an authorized user of 4pda).
Personally, I used MIUI, a redmi Note 7 3/32 device. Test different fashion Google Camera, all versions frisoli in certain moments. Most likely, not optimized system does not allow the camera to work normally. With an unlocked bootloader and TWRP for my version(look for information on the site 4pda for your device), put a clean Android (crDroid(there are also options Pixel Experience, HavocOS, LineageOS, etc.).)) and all the friezes were gone. The crop made good shooting at 60 fps without any problems. Functional movement, focus tracking, etc. works without problems. 13 frames HDR+ osilivaet even with 3-4 clicks of the descent in a row.
The author is not agitating to move from your shell, most likely so, note.
Hope this mini guide helped You :)
All the settings I didn't mention felt minor to mention.
If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer you.
Author fashion by GCam InnocentParrot - @parrot_root.
Article author, tester - @topgusich
Channel with the latest camera modifications and news - clickable
Channel with the latest versions of the camera in Telegram - clickable