● What is the Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer?
In the present era, some so many people are still unaware of the benefits of the Non-contact infrared thermometer which works efficiently for those kinds of people who are looking for the solutions of temperature checking machines especially during the time of pandemic when every individual is worried about getting infected through physical contact. Non-contact Infrared thermometer is a mercury-free temperature especially designed for newborn babies who have more chances of getting caught in the infection.
● What Is A Contact Thermometer?
It is a mercury-based thermometer which is the most used equipment that helps in figuring out the body temperature of an individual during a sudden change in health to keep a proper record of the body temperature. During the time of the pandemic, everyone is worried even during any seasonal change as well as a normal viral fever.
● The major difference between a contact-type thermometer and a non-contact infrared thermometer.
1. Contact thermometers measure temperature using the heat transfer phenomenon known as “conduction.” While in non-contact measurements, an infrared sensor is used to measure the temperature of an object by reading the level of infrared emissions.
2. Contact thermometers are classified based on the sensor type used for the measurement, i.e., the thermocouple, resistance temperature detector (RTD), or thermistor whereas Non-contact thermometers, also known as infrared (IR) thermometers, measure temperature from a distance. Every form of matter with a temperature above absolute zero (0 K) emits infrared radiation relative to its temperature. This is called characteristic radiation.
● Basic differences between a contact-type thermometer and a non-contact infrared thermometer.
● Non-contact temperature measurement does not affect objects.
● The non-contact infrared thermometer detects the surface temperature of objects.
● Fast response, it can measure moving objects and transient temperature.
● Non-contact infrared thermometers have a wide measuring range.
● It features high measurement accuracy and small resolution.
● It can measure temperature in a small area.
● Temperature measurement can be done on a dot, line, and surface at the same time.
● Measure both absolute temperature and relative temperature.
● Contact temperature measurement can affect the temperature field of measured objects.
● The contact-type thermometer is not suitable for measuring transient temperature.
● It is not suitable for measuring moving objects.
● Insufficient measuring width and consuming materials.
● It is not suitable for measuring dangerous occasions such as toxic or high pressure.
Conclusion: In the above article we have discussed, the benefits of both kinds of thermometers as well as how a non-contact thermometer is better than the contact mercury-built temperature checking machine. The conclusion remains the same that a newly designed non-contact thermometer is the safest way of keeping a record of body temperature.