Soil Active Herbicides Market, by Mobility Type (Contact and Systemic), by Mode of Action (Selective Herbicides and Non-Selective Herbicides), by Product Type (Synthetic Herbicides and Bio-herbicides), by Application (Pre-Plant, Pre-Emergence, and Post-Emergence), by End-use Industry (Farming Lawns and Gardening & Landscaping), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2019 – 2027
Soil Active Herbicides Market- 2019-2027
Definition of Market/Industry:
Soil active herbicides are the herbicides which act on the roots, seeds and shoots of the plant. These are incorporated with the soil and therefore help in controlling the growth of unwanted plants and weeds. The soil active herbicides are active within the soil for a specific amount of time and are applied by the farmers both before and after the plantation of crops.
The soil active herbicides market was valued at US$ 8,508.9 Mn in 2018 and is expected to reach US$ 12956.3 Mn by the end of 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2019 to 2027).
Herbicides are highly useful in controlling the germination of weeds in various kinds of agricultural fields such as horticulture and agronomic crops. Herbicides are applied to specific areas, where other methods of weed control are not applicable. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, in 2017, the average use of herbicides per area of cropland in China was 13.07 kg/ha. These herbicides have numerous benefits in terms of crop protection, the preservation of materials and food, along with prevention from several vector borne diseases.
The effectiveness of these herbicides is dependent on several factors such as decomposition of soil, the contact of weed affected parts with treated soil and active absorption of herbicides by the plant. Furthermore, the herbicides inhibit or kill the weeds and are not harmful for the crops beyond the point of economic recovery.
Figure 1. Global Soil Active Herbicides Market Share (%), By Region, 2018
The composition of the soil has an impact on the herbicidal activity by means of soil herbicide binding, vapor loss and leaching. The persistence of herbicides is also influenced by the chemical property of soil such as the pH. The effectiveness of the soil active herbicides is also impacted by the microbial aspects of soil environment which includes the abundance and types of microorganisms present in the soil.
It is expected that there would be a tremendous increase in demand for high quality food owing to the growing population and the ever changing dietary patterns of the consumers. For instance, the food and agriculture organization (FAO) has stated that the global population would reach ten billion by 2050.
Market Trends/Key Takeaways
Farmers can use herbicides for crops based on the crop’s chemical characteristics which includes absorptivity, herbicide half-life and water solubility among others. Scientists are focused on the use of advanced biotechnology with the objective of developing crop varieties and increasing the tolerance of herbicides for the crops.
- Bayer AG
- BASF SE
- Syngenta AG
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- ADAMA Ltd.
- Arysta LifeScience Corporation
- Nufarm Limited
- Nissan Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Shandong Binnong Technology Co. Ltd.
- FMC Corporation
- In May 2015, Bayer Crop Science announced the registration of Corvus and Balance flex herbicides with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This is expected to provide the growers new options of controlling weeds in Minnesota corn fields.
- In January 2019, Basta Herbicide which was earlier provided by BASF would also be manufactured and marketed by Sungbo chemical and NongHyup in South Korea. This would be done under a new distribution and licensing agreement, and the companies would be required to deliver the same high quality formulation.
- In June 2018, BASF started the global registration initiative for new herbicide active ingredients for Luximo herbicides in the European Union and Australia, and Tirexor herbicide in Australia. This was done with the objective of expanding the herbicide portfolio of the organization.
- In January 2016, ADAMA Canada launched a new eco-pack, which is a glyphosate tank-mix partner for pre-seed burn off for controlling weeds. This herbicide consists of active ingredients such as Florasulam and Bromoxynil. These ingredients are combined with glyphosate, to create weed resistance capable of smoking early season weeds.
Request sample report here:
Download PDF brochure here:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions.
What we provide:
• Customized Market Research Services
• Industry Analysis Services
• Business Consulting Services
• Market Intelligence Services
• Long term Engagement Model
• Country Specific Analysis
Coherent Market Insights Pvt. Ltd.
Address: 1001 4th ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.