Espanyol vs Leganés - La Liga, betting tips, odds and match preview
As La Liga resumes from its winter break, Espanyol and Leganes face each other as they both look to enjoy varying degrees of success.
Espanyol and Leganes both come into this match outside the top 10 with just 2 points separating them from one another.
- This will be the fifth meeting between Espanyol and Leganes in LaLiga. The Catalonian side won the first two matches in 2016-17 with Leganes winning the last two matches played last season.
- Espanyol have won three of their last four home matches against Leganes in all competitions (L1), scoring at least three goals in the matches they went on to win (11 goals scored).
- Leganes are winless in their four away LaLiga matches played on a Friday (D1 L3) and failed to score in all of them.
- Espanyol have lost six matches in a row in LaLiga, they have never lost seven in a row in the top-flight.
- Leganes are without a defeat in their last seven matches in LaLiga (W2 D5), their best unbeaten run in the top-flight.
- Only FC Barcelona have had more shots on target in home matches in LaLiga (76) than Espanyol (54) this season.
- Espanyol’s Pablo Piatti has only had a hand in three goals in LaLiga matches played at home this season - this was against Leganes at RCDE Stadium in November 2016 (two goals and one assist).
- Leganes’s Nabil El Zhar has scored three goals against Espanyol in LaLiga, more than against any other side in the competition.
- Espanyol coach Joan Francesc Ferrer “Rubi” has won two of his three matches against Leganes in all competitions (L1): 2-0 as Valladolid manager in the second tier (May 2015) and 0-2 as Sporting de Gijon manager in LaLiga (February 2017).
- Leganes boss Mauricio Pellegrino won in his only previous LaLiga game as manager against Espanyol manager Rubi (2-4 for Alaves vs Sporting in February 2017).