This superb property of 320 panoramic rooms and suites, features not only state of the art conference and meeting facilities, also a plethora of entertainment amenities making it the top destination for corporate and leisure markets in Eastern Africa.
Kempinski training aims to provide strategic focus by developing and implementing great trainers and great training tools.
The overall scope of a Hotel Training Manager is to ensure that all employees receive the training necessary to perform their job according to Kempinski’s standards and brand promise.
•Establish a training network according to Kempinski standard, including spending time in operations to foster this network.
• Analyse training needs and training effectiveness.
• Ensure that every department having corporately developed Training BITES have fully implemented these, and ensured they reflect all hotel specific policies and procedures
• Further develop the Training BITE Library by assisting individual Departmental Trainers in the writing and implementing hotel specific training BITES
• Embed all Kempinski training programs and training tools and comprehensively track their implementation to easily evaluate attendance of required participants.
• Plan, design and deliver training programmes.
• Devise a training marketing strategy, which is evident both at the back of house and reflected in campaigns or initiatives to address training topics/themes accordingly.
• Analyse the data on the e-learning platforms and utilize or market it to Management and Department Trainers to enhance learning performance.
• Coach and train managers and Departmental Trainers to improve departmental performance.
• Works with the General Manager to coordinate relevant learning for EXCOM and HODs as per their Individual Development Program.
• Organise and supervise Kempinski DNA and brand immersion activities.
• Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of the training services offered.
• Work together with department heads and analyse operational quality performance using the Kempinski Experience Assessment Tool (KEA) and ReviewPro; then based on the results provide remedial training solution.
• Train and develop Training team members.
• Complete Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) Checks as specified by the hotel management
• Identify potential training talent and propose & foster Master Trainer candidates.
• Ensure that the Kempinski People Training Monthly report is correctly completed on a monthly basis and the results updated in the Regional Training Consolidation Report
• In absence of a Training Coordinator, ensure that the responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Lead by example and promote Kempinski’s core values.
• Prepare the yearly Business Plan and Budget for the Training Department in line with all company Brand Standards together with the Heads of Department and ExCom team.
• Ensure that an objective Self Audit (using the Kempinski People Training Peer & Self Audit Tool) is completed at least once per year
• Promote and implement Kempinski Corporate Training policies and procedures.
• Establish and foster relationships and partnerships with external suppliers, training providers, and legal and safety entities.
• Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the employee handbook and to the hotel’s policies on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-year experience in a similar position within a luxury brand and/or 2 years as an Assistant Training Manager.
• Luxury Hotel experience.
• Team leadership.
• Pleasant personality, dependent, people Oriented and self-confident
• Decision making skills.
• Ability to work and converse in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English and French. Any additional languages are a plus
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!