Task 1. Fill in the gaps.
- Last year I (spend) my holiday in Ireland.
- It (be) great.
- I (travel) around by car with two friends and we (visit) lots of interesting places.
- In the evenings we usually (go) to a pub.
- One night we even (learn) some Irish dances.
- We (be) very lucky with the weather.
- It (not / rain) a lot.
- But we (see) some beautiful rainbows.
- Where (spend / you) your last holiday?
Task 2. Watch the video and complete the tasks
The difference between Past Simple and Past Continuous
Task 3. Fill in the appropriate verb form (Past Simple or Past Continuous)
I (to play) computer games yesterday.
I (to play) computer games at five o'clock yesterday.
He (to play) computer games from two till three yesterday.
We (to play) computer games the whole evening yesterday.
What Nick (to do) when you came to his place?
What you (to do) when I rang you up?
I (not to sleep) at nine o'clock yesterday.
What he (to do) yesterday? - He (to read) a book.
What he (to do) the whole evening yesterday? --He (to read) a book.
She (to sleep) when you came home?
My brother (not to play) tennis yesterday. He (to play) tennis the day before yesterday.
My sister (not to play) the piano at four o'clock yesterday. She (to play) the piano the whole evening.
When I came into the kitchen, mother (to cook).
She (to cook) the whole day yesterday.
We (to wash) the floor in our flat yesterday.
We (to wash) the floor in our flat from three till four yesterday.
You (to do) your homework yesterday?
You (to do) your homework from eight till ten?