Task 1. Some of these sentences have incorrect word order. Find them and correct the mistakes.
1. Jim doesn't like very much baseball.
2. Ann drives every day her car to work.
3. When I heard the news, I immediately called Tom. (immediately – сразу)
4. Maria speaks very well English.
5. After eating quickly my dinner, I went out.
6. You watch all the time television.
7. Liz smokes about 20 cigarettes every day.
8. I think I'll go early to bed tonight.
9. You should go to the dentist every six months. (should – следует)
10. We went last night to the movies.
11. We go every summer to the sea in August.
12. In the evening my parents go to the cinema with their friends.
Task 2. Refresh the usage of Conditionals, and make up your own sentences:
- If I had enough money ….
- If it doesn’t rain soon … .
- I’ll stay at home if … .
- I wouldn’t have come to the theatre on time if …
- If I left home for work earlier ….
- If I won a prize … .
- If I were a king … .
- If I told my parents the truth ….
- If I were you ….
- If I were rich ….
Watching and discussing
Task 1. Complete Part II of the exercise.
Task 2. Turn the questions into Reported Speech.
- "Where is my umbrella?" she asked.
→ She asked...
- "How are you?" Martin asked us.
→ Martin asked us...
- He asked, "Do I have to do it?"
→ He asked...
- "Where have you been?" the mother asked her daughter.
→ The mother asked her daughter...
- "Which dress do you like best?" she asked her boyfriend.
→ She asked her boyfriend...
- "What are they doing?" she asked.
→ She wanted to know...
- "Are you going to the cinema?" he asked me.
→ He wanted to know...
- The teacher asked, "Who speaks English?"
→ The teacher wanted to know...
- "How do you know that?" she asked me.
→ She asked me...
- "Has Caron talked to Kevin?" my friend asked me.
→ My friend asked me...