Let`s imagine you are a translator...
1. Могу я видеть Джона? — Боюсь, что нет. Он уехал в Москву. -Когда он уехал? — Два дня назад.
2. Вы уже сделали это упражнение? — Нет, я перевела только 10 предложений.
3. Вы уже сдали все экзамены? — Нет, мы сдали только два. — Сколько экзаменов вы сдавали в прошлом году? — Пять.
4. Почему Аня такая грустная? — Она поссорилась с Ником. — Боже, сколько раз они ссорились в этом месяце? — Думаю, много раз.
5. Как вы провели зимние каникулы? — Очень хорошо. 31 декабря у нас была новогодняя вечеринка, мы танцевали, смотрели телевизор, а вечером пошли гулять. 2 января мы ездили за город.
Of course, Lady Gaga isn’t her real name. She was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March the 28th, 1986. Lady Gaga is her stage name. She is an American singer-songwriter who has become one of the biggest names in music – for her songs, performances, fashion and politics. She became famous in 2008 and just two years later was included in Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Lady Gaga had a musical upbringing. She learned to play piano from the age of four and was singing in public by the time she was 14. She also loved acting in musicals at school. She went to a New York art college at the age of 17 where she wrote a research paper that focused on "music, art, and celebrity”. She concentrated on songwriting and singing in New York clubs. She got her name from the Queen song “Radio Gaga”.
Gaga was inspired by David Bowie, Blondie and Madonna. She hit the big time following the release of her debut album The Fame in 2008. The singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" became international hits. The album reached number one on the record charts in six countries. Her second album Born This Way (2011) also enjoyed spectacular success. The single "Born This Way" was the fastest-selling single in iTunes history.
Task 1. Imagine your best friend is a superstar and he/she is going abroad to give a concert. Ask him/her some questions about his/her journey:
1. (how long /stay?)…
4. (go/by car?) …
1. What is a celebrity?
2.Do you think anyone can become a celebrity?
3.What do you think are the downsides to being a celebrity?
4.Are there any celebrities you hate the sight of?
5. Would you like to be interviewed by celebrity magazines?
6. Which celebrities would you invite to your birthday party and why?
7.Are there differences between a ‘celebrity’ and a ‘famous person’?