Whenever we think about the summer, what comes to our mind is undoubtedly the sunny days, the beaches, swimming pools, the long day walks, the local market, cool drinks and of course, colorful salads. Summer fruit salad is a good meal for the summer, especially for people who eat plenty of vegetables and proteins. Therefore, you can enjoy these delicious salads without feeling full.
Watermelon, melon and cantaloupe salad
To prepare this summer salad you can use special tools and melon baller to cut fruits and give a beautiful shape to the salad. Cuts all the fruits and then put them into a large bowl.
Then, mix a little honey and lime juice and stir it well to mix. At this point, add the mixture of lemon and honey to the fruit slices and combine. Mix all the fruits with this sour sauce. You can add a little coriander or mint to the summer fruit salad, if desired. Put the salad dish in the refrigerator and let it cool. This summer salad should be served freshly.
- 1 large pineapple peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cups grapes sliced, if preferred
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled and chopped
- 2 bananas sliced
for the lime-mint dressing
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- ½-1 teaspoon honey optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the banana just before serving to prevent browning.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the salad just before serving.